Basal testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire91

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Tried to do a basal text twice this week. The first time i had a hypo when I was about to eat my evening meal and just misjudged it so was then too high to do it abs last night I was 6 before bed but then went hypo which has happened the last few days so changed my basal ready to try again on monday as it needs to be on a work day. Feeling frustrated. Rant over.

Hi Claire

It can be frustrating to get a full fasting test done, and I can take a full month to finally get all 24 hours checked and changed, as life interrupts, or a hypo does, or friend calls, ...

As you have found a hypo during the fasting test can still be used to track back to what has caused that blip. It does prevent continuing though.

Keep working on it and you will eventually get it done. It is definitely worth it as it then enables you to sort out ratios.

I sympathise. I have to confess that in 8 years of pumping I don't think I've ever done a complete 24 hours worth of basal testing. Something always gets in the way.

I sympathise. I have to confess that in 8 years of pumping I don't think I've ever done a complete 24 hours worth of basal testing. Something always gets in the way.
That's reassuring to hear. I've been getting so frustrated

Well I have, as long as you count things several weeks/months apart 😉

I only ever seem to manage a 6 hour block here or there, or an overnight. Then apply any tweaks and leave it a bit before doing another section, by which time things have often changed again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back