BASAL SETTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
What is the highest basal rate that you use? I know we are not all the same but this really interests me.

2.7 u/h at the moment, from 9pm-midnight. Daughter's requirements have gone through the roof in the last couple of years, probably to do with her age, I'm told that once she stops growing it should all settle down a bit!

1.425 from 8.30AM until 11.30 AM this covers the steroids I take for breakfast 🙂

Currently 0.7u/h but usually rises to 0.9 or 1u/h in the autumn/winter.

My peak requirement usually falls just after waking and again in the early evening.

Currently 0.7u/h but usually rises to 0.9 or 1u/h in the autumn/winter.
Golly, I can remember when I used to think that 0.7 u/h was a lot! :D
My daughter's low cartridge alarm goes off at 20 units, when she was first diagnosed she could last 24 hours on that, including all her boluses, now it will only just last the night on basal only!

0.9u/hr at the moment but only a few weeks in so that might change! Lol 🙂

0.5 - but being as every single one of our bodies is different, I don't think it's relevant whether you know or don't know.

my highest is during the day at 0.59uh and lowest is 0.45uh That's not recently in the heat though, i needed 30% less over all basal rates to keep me from heat hypos!

0.53 u/h is my max, which is for first thing in the morning.
As others have said we are all different.

0.47 max just before I get up, 0.3 min around midnight.

Highest is 0.875 first thing when getting up. Lowest is 0.625 during early hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back