• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

basal/bolus

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I asked Alex's DN why we couldnt give him his levemir and his novo rapid at the same time - but she didnt really give me an answer - just that it wasnt advisable! Can anyone tell me? Is it a bad idea - i dont see why it would be as one is fast acting and one is slow? Bev

You can't put them in the same syringe due to an absorption problem with the chemicals it causes unpredictable absorption.
You can give it at the same time ie an injection in each leg though many people do this.

Hi Bev

I agree with Sue. You have been told utter rubbish and for the DSN not to be able to tell you why says it all really!!!

As Sue says you can't mix them in a syringe together and using different sites is a very good idea but yes you can give them at the same time, definitely.

:cool:

Hi Bev

I take my Levemir and my Novorapid injections at the same time, 8 am and 6 pm, and have been doing so every day now for 3 years, the Levemir goes in my thigh and Novorapid in my stomach.

John

Said before but yes you can give them at the same time, i would just give them in different sites.

hey all

i take my lantus in the morning then straight after i take my novorapid.

so like other people have said its ok to take them at the same time, just not mixed together in the same cartridge

Thanks all,

I had a feeling she was telling me the wrong thing!
Sue, no i didnt mean mixing them together!. Bev

I'm always very suspicious of taking any advice if the person giving it can't tell me why! Not just related to diabetes, but anything in life.

definately use different site, like each leg or arm, not in the same limb as (was told this by my DSN) the skin can become acidic when they are near each other and this damages the insulin (or something along those lines) (i only found this out a few months ago, after 8 years :rolleyes: )
i sometime do mine at the same time, if im a little higher than id like when i take my lantus, i just make sure that i keep them away from each other.

Back