Basal advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys/gals...

So last night I was in my usual position between half ten and eleven, injecting 18 units of Levemir into me butt, at the end of depressing the dial I realised that the needle was out of me so I didn't inject all and didn't know how much I had injected, bother! Feeling how much liquid there was I guessed and injected another 8 units. I woke at 5am from a smoke alarm running out of juice! but also then had a bad dose of cramp, tested was 3.9 so not too bad, poped a few glucotabs (yes you are right Sam the new raspberry flavour taste of toilet) when I got up 90 mins later I'm 6.7.

So how do I play today?

Any advice welcome,

Cheers guys/gals,

Rossi 🙂

All I can suggest is as you are unsure how much basal you have taken that you check your bms more frequently in case you need to reduce your boluses for the day. Take extra snacks if you go out too, just to be on the safe side.

I am sure that you have already thought of this but I don't really now what other options you have.

Just keep a tight eye on the BG's and be ready for alot of corrections. If things start to rise over fourteen say, I'd be looking for ketones.

Tom

Aagh! I've done that in the past too! Sooo annoying! It sounds from what you say that you might only be a few units either plus or minus, so as the others have said, test and if higher than expected take a little extra bolus, if lower then underdose with the bolus or have extra carbs. It'll probably become apparent early on in the day if you are running high from too little levemir, or low from too much. But, like baby bear's porridge, I hope it's 'just right'! 🙂

Cheers folks,

I hope it is apparant early in the day, I'm out on the beer tonight, a mate is getting married on sunday and I haven't seen him for ages! Oh well!

Thanks again,

Rossi.

Cheers folks,

I hope it is apparant early in the day, I'm out on the beer tonight, a mate is getting married on sunday and I haven't seen him for ages! Oh well!

Thanks again,

Rossi.

Have a beer for me 🙂 xx

Hi guys/gals...

So last night I was in my usual position between half ten and eleven, injecting 18 units of Levemir into me butt, at the end of depressing the dial I realised that the needle was out of me so I didn't inject all and didn't know how much I had injected, bother! Feeling how much liquid there was I guessed and injected another 8 units. I woke at 5am from a smoke alarm running out of juice! but also then had a bad dose of cramp, tested was 3.9 so not too bad, poped a few glucotabs (yes you are right Sam the new raspberry flavour taste of toilet) when I got up 90 mins later I'm 6.7.

So how do I play today?

Any advice welcome,

Cheers guys/gals,

Rossi 🙂

You are not alone! I have done that as well, it's so annoying and you haven't a clue where you are with it. Just test regularly and play it by ear. Do you actually like glucotabs? I think they are awful, haven't tried the toilet flavour but the others were bad enough! I use jelly babies.

Hi Ross,

How you going mate.

Just had a chuckle reading your post. You crack me up, the way you take the seriousness out of the 'D'! Good work mate.

Put the needle in today!!

Hope the levels are good.

Enjoy the beers

dave how about beers next week? Ps i'm p***** levels not been over 9 so all good. Dave i'll drop you a text.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back