Basaglar moving from day to night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon_

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi

I wonder if anyone could give me their thoughts on moving my basal from morning to evening. I take one dose in the morning and understand it lasts 24 hours.

The hospital said to take half the amount in the morning, then half the amount at night on day one and then on day two just take the full dose at night, but on reflection doesn’t that mean I will have no insulin for the whole of the second day?

It’s too late to check with the hospital and I wondered if anyone else has done this and could help?

Thanks in advance
Sharon

The hospital said to take half the amount in the morning, then half the amount at night on day one and then on day two just take the full dose at night, but on reflection doesn’t that mean I will have no insulin for the whole of the second day?
You’ll have the insulin you took day 1 night working on day 2 daytime

thanks ‘Lucyr’ for replying. I’m fairly new to all this and I thought as I only took half the dose tonight (4 units) then not going to do the full dose (8 units) unit tomorrow night that I’m actually on less basal than I should be for the next 24 hours.

thanks ‘Lucyr’ for replying. I’m fairly new to all this and I thought as I only took half the dose tonight (4 units) then not going to do the full dose (8 units) unit tomorrow night that I’m actually on less basal than I should be for the next 24 hours.
Yes but you won’t have no insulin during the day as you feared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back