Bar of chocolate 22 carbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Finally I succumbed. I ate an entire bar of milk chocolate 22 carbs. Tbh it wasn't that nice so I can now say I have removed that itch...

Finally I succumbed. I ate an entire bar of milk chocolate 22 carbs. Tbh it wasn't that nice so I can now say I have removed that itch...
I was told many years ago by a diabetes consultant, that avoiding all treats was the worst thing you could do. He suggested little and often then you do not end up with massive cravings which results in over indulging.
I was also told if you want to eat anything really sweet then to eat it after a meal thus slowing down the blood sugar spike.

I was told many years ago by a diabetes consultant, that avoiding all treats was the worst thing you could do. He suggested little and often then you do not end up with massive cravings which results in over indulging.
I was also told if you want to eat anything really sweet then to eat it after a meal thus slowing down the blood sugar spike.

Advice is spot on, all makes sense.

I find it really interesting to go for one of these ‘treat’ items only to find it’s actually not very nice, or now tastes unbearably and unpalateably sweet.

Our tastes sure do change!

When I had COVID back in June the only thing I had any appetite for was some assorted Cadbury's chocolates somebody had left here. I went through a whole big box of the miserable cloyingly sweet artificially flavoured things. Eewwww!

I find it really interesting to go for one of these ‘treat’ items only to find it’s actually not very nice, or now tastes unbearably and unpalateably sweet.

Our tastes sure do change!
I agree. I think that was the disappoinment. The actuality did not equal my level of exprctation. Sigh.

When I had COVID back in June the only thing I had any appetite for was some assorted Cadbury's chocolates somebody had left here. I went through a whole big box of the miserable cloyingly sweet artificially flavoured things. Eewwww!
However, at the time I bet you enjoyed everyone of those choccies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back