Banned from yoghurts...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Walking through the city yesterday I got stopped by a lady with a clipboard, usually I'm quick enough to avoid them, but not this time! She was trying to get ladies (why ladies only I'm not sure) to taste a new yoghurt. I said could I see the label and I'm diabetic to which she replied, ' oh, well if you're diabetic I'm not allowed to let you try it'....'

Now, to be fair I didn't particularly want to stop anyway so it suited me fine but I just found it absolutely bizarre that they would have such a rule!

Strange lady (her not you). They probably don't have a rule - she may have been being sarcastic.

Hmmm...another poem methinks! Why on Earth would they not want you to try it? Perhaps it was 99.99% glucose?

When a friend was on a diet she was looking at low fat yoghurts and said but they contain sugar. It took me ages to convice her it was the fat and sugar that made the things taste nice.

I have found the best way to avoid sugary yoghurt is to make my own. I have an easy yo yoghurt maker. They are quite low GI too, and for anyone with a dairy intolerance, they now also do a low or lactose free variety.

I have a very old vacuum flask I use to make mine. It's easy, I'll look out the instructions and post them in the food section.

same thing happend to me in tescos when they ask you to sample things,

I think if we take a peek inside the Market Research Seminar that Clipboard-Lady attended, we will discover the reason why?

Welcome everybody, to our M.R. seminar,
We hope you?ll learn essential stuff to make your work go far!
Your work has hidden dangers, though you may not be aware,
So please proceed with caution, and always take good care.

The main thing you should learn here ? and this may save your life! ?
Is don?t approach a bloodied man who?s carrying a knife!
But nearly as important, and this may cause surprise,
Never offer diabetics your yoghurt, buns or pies!

They may seem meek and gentle, and smile and say hello,
But offer them some yoghurt and very soon you?ll know
They change from being human, they growl and snarl and spit!
Something must slake their bloodlust ? you?re standing near ? you?re it!

Don?t think you can outrun them, you?ll find no place to hide,
For once they?ve tasted yoghurt they?ll hunt you far and wide!
Their eyes go wild and crazy, they thrash and scream and shout!
So keep your yoghurt hidden when diabetics are about!

😱:D😉

Brilliant Northerner :D:D:D

I checked one of the Benecol yogurt drink bottles - 4.1 gm CHO so should not be a problem!

Another great poem. Kinda reminds me of the sort of thing that would happen in a Roald Dahl story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back