Bamboo Socks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the relevance of bamboo socks to diabetes, or even comfort. Other natural fibres such as cotton or wool will do me, and not deprive a panda of its supper.

Personally I go by construction of the toe seam, as well as fibre the socks are made from.

There are a lot of unsupported claims in that report. Bamboo may well have chemicals that are anti-fungal and deter insects, but that doesn't mean that the extracted fibres carry the same property. They may be soft, but so is wool and silk,both well used natural products. I do get eczema, but never on my feet. I've never had athlete's foot, or any other fungal infection on my feet. And currently, my criterion for socks is not what they are made of, if they won't go on my device for putting my socks on (I can't do it without help) then they are thrown out.

I'm not personally promoting bamboo socks , just saw them in matalan and thought I would share on here for those that do wear them to save them some money in these financially challenging times.

I am a big fan of bamboo socks (no vested interest - or 'footed' interest either).

I have more pairs of socks than I can count, in wool, cotton, synthetics etc, occupying 2 drawers and half a shelf! Includes 7 pairs in bamboo - which I habitually choose to wear and have done since 2018. They are not just soft, but comfortable - helps my neuropathy; cool in summer (well tested and confirmed recently); also warm in winter- which is how I got introduced to bamboo socks originally.

I will be taking @mikeyB advice and throwing out those socks I haven't touched, never mind worn, for many years. Kept just in case - makes no sense; and makes no sense means it's nonsense.

I got some to try as they have a soft grip so I don't get any compression lines round my legs.
I had the same problem, but I stopped wearing socks altogether, my feet have been ok In fact they have Improved, no more cramp, no more numbness or pins and needles, I think that is more down to a change In diet more than not wearing socks! but It works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back