balance mag a bit depressing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

bex123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
ok so the balance mag landed on my doorstep today , and omg its a how to depress yourself by reading this edition , all the statistics and complications and % of how many of you are going to die from heart desiese or stroke ( but only if you have dodgey control ) not being funny but dont most diabetics have to work at control day by day , we make mistakes (and correct them ) we all work towards the perfect hba1c or try and keep it there , its a day by day meal by meal system and we dont always get it right ( i certainly dont , and dont pretend i do ) but i think the mag needs to concentrate on the supportive side of diabetes management instead of trying to scare us with complication statistics all the time , instead of printing statistics mabey print methods , ideas and management methods instead .

thanks for reading i know its a long one😱

soz about the rant but that was a bloody depressing read
bex x

From threads on here in the past none of which i ever joined in as i dont get it , you aint alone it not having a good opinion of the mag.

Don't worry about ranting bex, Balance rants are quite common on here!😱😉 I have to agree about the statistics - they should have been supported by some more encouraging articles, like maybe it doesn't have to be that way. Why not a bit more about the Joslin Medallists? These are people with 50, 60 and even 70 years of diabetes, often with no complications to speak of. At least that would 'Balance' the nasty stuff a bit and give us some hope!

Don't let it get you down, come here and we'll try and cheer you up!🙂

hummm, like steff i don't get the mag, and to be honest, i'm not sure i'd want it. I'm not sure wether it's just a case of post christmas blues but everything i read is depressing the hell out of me at the moment. You might have read my exctingly bad news from Flora on another thread. Also a friend, (bless her, she probably only thought i'd be interested) photocopied me a couple of articals she'd read from the Pharmaceutical Journal. It was thoughtful but i've only gotten half way though coz it's depressing the hell out me. Oh and has proven that i already know more about diabetes than some of my so-called better qualified coleagues.
Think of it this way, at least if you know you're diabetic and have the ability and will to do so, you can influance your chances of not being one of that percentage. You're on here, you're obviously concerned and interested about your condition and how to treat or manage it. I think that make you less likely to become one of those statistics.🙂

(Sorry about some of the spelling)

Rachel

yep i think the sainsburys mag was more uplifting , probably something to do with all the yummy recipies lol , i think ive got a case of the post xmas blues that wasnt helped by that read , i need a holiday lol

You've had post ! Only seen my postie once since Xmas.

yep i have indeed had post !! but it was the first time since xmas and there was a lot of it.

Yes, plenty but my postie is a bit mad. Wear's shorts all year round, so I thought a bit of snow wouldn't stop him. He's got some of my Xmas pressies.

Yeah some do that, might be more to do with what his manager is saying to him , and after all he would be liable if his member of staff was to fall break a bone and such like.

Yeah some do that, might be more to do with what his manager is saying to him , and after all he would be liable if his member of staff was to fall break a bone and such like.

So he should be supplied with ski's and a sledge.

I got some post today. We have had a new postie for the past two months and he's obviously still getting used to the round because he keeps leaving me stuff for a house two streets away. Correct house number though!

My dad was a postie when it was the GPO - I've still got his badge somewhere, and on the back it says there's a reward of 1/- (one shilling!) if you find it and return it. Times are hard - I might have to do that before the month is out!🙂

Don't worry about ranting bex, Balance rants are quite common on here!😱😉 I have to agree about the statistics - they should have been supported by some more encouraging articles, like maybe it doesn't have to be that way. Why not a bit more about the Joslin Medallists? These are people with 50, 60 and even 70 years of diabetes, often with no complications to speak of. At least that would 'Balance' the nasty stuff a bit and give us some hope!

Don't let it get you down, come here and we'll try and cheer you up!🙂

Really? Who has had the nerve to rant about this wonderful magazine? 🙄

We've had no post since beginning of last week !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back