Balance again

Status
Not open for further replies.

spell

Balance magazine arrived this morning, it's now just a catalogue and recipe book,
Bits about diabetes padded out with advertising and food.
Years ago this used to be a good magazine,it now goes straight into the recycling.
Do something good like the systematic discrimination of diabetics at DVLA.
Your a magazine, do some journalism

Hi Spell ,

I feel that the DVLA is a government department that is not fit for purpose , badly managed and the list goes on.

Most other departments affiliated to the DVLA are again in my opinion useless.

Its very similar to TFL ( transport for London )

First Great Western management should be ashamed of the service they provide in that the last three times I tried to use the train they service was cancelled.

First buses keep cutting services and then complain that people are not using the service they provide !

I am fully aware that these organizations have excellent people but many unfortunately are not utilized to the full.

What I do is write to my local MP who in all fairness answers most of my correspondence but has been recently been promoted so the percentage may drop.

Hi Spell ,

I feel that the DVLA is a government department that is not fit for purpose , badly managed and the list goes on.

Most other departments affiliated to the DVLA are again in my opinion useless.

Its very similar to TFL ( transport for London )

First Great Western management should be ashamed of the service they provide in that the last three times I tried to use the train they service was cancelled.

First buses keep cutting services and then complain that people are not using the service they provide !

I am fully aware that these organizations have excellent people but many unfortunately are not utilized to the full.

What I do is write to my local MP who in all fairness answers most of my correspondence but has been recently been promoted so the percentage may drop.
Good that your MP answers your questions,but an answer is not an action.
MPs talk the talk but never do the do.
Fame and ego is the new political standard.
After a 12 year battle with DVLA, I win, I beat a government department .
This is my win but I know there are lot of other diabetics whom they still treat like dirt.
Question everything.

@spell the majority of people with diabetes are treated reasonably by the DVLA.
I am sorry you and a noisy minority have suffered with their driving license but the silent majority have no issues.
My renewal was done online and I received my new license in 4 days.
I have had Type 1 diabetes for nearly 20 years and, apart from changing from snail mail to easier and more efficient online application, the service has remained the same.

However, like you, I find little of interest in the Balance magazine from Diabetes UK. I have wondered if they make more from the adverts than it costs to publish and post it.
I appreciate some do see value but I would rather receive an online version which should be cheaper and require less trees to be cut down.
A few years ago, I looked into getting it online and was surprised to find there was an additional cost so never made the switch.

@spell the majority of people with diabetes are treated reasonably by the DVLA.
I am sorry you and a noisy minority have suffered with their driving license but the silent majority have no issues.
My renewal was done online and I received my new license in 4 days.
I have had Type 1 diabetes for nearly 20 years and, apart from changing from snail mail to easier and more efficient online application, the service has remained the same.

However, like you, I find little of interest in the Balance magazine from Diabetes UK. I have wondered if they make more from the adverts than it costs to publish and post it.
I appreciate some do see value but I would rather receive an online version which should be cheaper and require less trees to be cut down.
A few years ago, I looked into getting it online and was surprised to find there was an additional cost so never made the switch.
Yes I'm talking about the "noisy" minority,why should they be treated differently to the privileged majority like you.
You got your license quickly because of action by people like me, but there are people still being discriminated against.
How many? I don't know nor do you.
The NOISY minority, you say that like they don't matter

I was sympathising with your experience.
There was no reason for your response to be abusive.

Better to stop subscription rather than bin it, don't suppose magazine, or any magazine for that matter can please everyone.

Good that your MP answers your questions,but an answer is not an action.
MPs talk the talk but never do the do.
Fame and ego is the new political standard.
After a 12 year battle with DVLA, I win, I beat a government department .
This is my win but I know there are lot of other diabetics whom they still treat like dirt.
Question everything.
Hi Spell , I really like your reply to my post and generally you are correct with your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back