Baking fun!

BobbleHat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
I've always loved baking. Since my diagnosis, I haven't really dared do any - I know my limitations and know that when it comes to my sweet tooth, I have zero portion control.

But, I'm gradually coming to terms with these being a lifeling diagnosis so it's important that I ensure the way I eat is long term sustainable.

So, I decided to try baking something that fits. I'm loving the Sugar Free Londoner site - and today's baked goodies were the lemon bars on there. So good -and so nice to resume a hobby I thought I might have to give up!

I still intend to focus on whole foods and nourishing food to aid weight loss as that's what's going to get my hba1c moving downwards but it's nice to know there are options when I just need something that isn't celeriac or cauliflower 🙂

20240912_214319.jpg

I've always loved baking. Since my diagnosis, I haven't really dared do any - I know my limitations and know that when it comes to my sweet tooth, I have zero portion control.

But, I'm gradually coming to terms with these being a lifeling diagnosis so it's important that I ensure the way I eat is long term sustainable.

So, I decided to try baking something that fits. I'm loving the Sugar Free Londoner site - and today's baked goodies were the lemon bars on there. So good -and so nice to resume a hobby I thought I might have to give up!

I still intend to focus on whole foods and nourishing food to aid weight loss as that's what's going to get my hba1c moving downwards but it's nice to know there are options when I just need something that isn't celeriac or cauliflower 🙂

View attachment 31510
They look lovely, I use sugar free Londoners recipes too as I find her recipes delicious and easy to follow.

Back