Baked sweet potatoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules007

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Is it ok to eat sweet jacket potatoes with type 2 as iv heard they are healthy but are they high in carbs and sugar ? My sugars are usually between 8.5 to 9.5 without medication. Also does walking for 20 minuets lower blood sugars ?

Yes, walking is great, especially after a meal 🙂 You’ll have to test to see how sweet potatoes affect you. You might find you can only have a small amount.

Yes, walking is great, especially after a meal 🙂 You’ll have to test to see how sweet potatoes affect you. You might find you can only have a small amount.
Yes testing would be a good plan but to give you an idea they are very similar in carbs to normal potato wedges baked at 45g carbs per 160g portion which is about 12 chunks but the same amount of butternut squash is only 20g carb.

Is it ok to eat sweet jacket potatoes with type 2 as iv heard they are healthy but are they high in carbs and sugar ? My sugars are usually between 8.5 to 9.5 without medication. Also does walking for 20 minuets lower blood sugars ?

Walking does lower blood sugar, but it may go back up again to 8.5-9.5 after a while if that is your fasting level.

Is 85 percent dark chocolate ok to eat if so how many squares ? And how often ?

Also I cannot lose much more weight I am a perfect BMI for my height. So why cut out more carbs ??

Also I cannot lose much more weight I am a perfect BMI for my height. So why cut out more carbs ??
By having extra protein and healthy fats should help to maintain your weight when cutting your carbs. Nuts, avocado, full fat dairy.

Does smoking affect diabetes as im a big smoker.

Smoking increases blood sugar levels as it causes insulin resistance & inflammation.
In fact, people who smoke are at risk of developing diabetes (T2).

Does smoking affect diabetes as im a big smoker.

Yes!

If you have diabetes, you already have an increased chance of developing cardiovascular disease, such as a heart attack, stroke or circulatory problems in the legs. Combine this with smoking (which can also double your risk of complications) and you make the chances of developing these diseases even higher.”

Thanks for reply but my dad gave up smoking at 55 and he still got diabetes at 70 although I am only 64 I got it but I did used to drink lucozade and cokes a lot I havent touched them since I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back