Bag for PDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoebeC

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello.
So before the Omnipod I would stick my phone for my libre and my pens needles into my little bumbag and leave on the side of the pitch, with my hypo treatment.

Now the Omnipod PDM is not waterproof like my phone and neither is my bumbag so I can’t have it getting wet and broken.
I don’t think the provided case is waterproof either.

Does anyone have a suitable little case they can share?

All my spares would say in the changing room anyway and my manual tester.

Thanks,

Phoebe

Why not just put the PDM in a sealable sandwich bag and then in your bum bag or put the whole bum bag in a carrier bag.

Sorry if this doesn’t apply to the Omnipod, but can you not just leave it safe in the changing room? Would you need it during a match?

Why not just put the PDM in a sealable sandwich bag and then in your bum bag or put the whole bum bag in a carrier bag.

Good idea, those sandwich bags would be ideal.

For both original Omnipod & recent Dash you can get skins to protect it from knocks & such, obviously not waterproof mind.

Hi @PhoebeC. I've got my PDM screen protected from scratches with a transparent skin and a Medmax Silicone Case to protect it from knocks, eg if I drop it, it just bounces instead of smashing into tiny pieces. o_O I've also adorned it with a pretty sticker - functional has to be beautiful too! :confused::D

Instead of a sandwich bag, how about a waterproof pouch - you can get them for smartphones so they're the right size for a PDM.

Sorry if this doesn’t apply to the Omnipod, but can you not just leave it safe in the changing room? Would you need it during a match?
Yes, insulin cannot be administrated or paused without the PDM, as there are no buttons or tech on the patch pump, its the pump, cannula and reservoir only. So the PDM is like a pen really, and I would sometimes need my inuslin pens during training, and more often than not during matches.

It is one of the big downsides of the omnipod, it is so simple, no controls at all on it.

Hi @PhoebeC. I've got my PDM screen protected from scratches with a transparent skin and a Medmax Silicone Case to protect it from knocks, eg if I drop it, it just bounces instead of smashing into tiny pieces. o_O I've also adorned it with a pretty sticker - functional has to be beautiful too! :confused::D

Instead of a sandwich bag, how about a waterproof pouch - you can get them for smartphones so they're the right size for a PDM.
Hi, could you share some links please?

I always drop my phone, and I had an Otterbox case on my phone and I really like them, it has taken some knocks and the case is worse for wear after 2 years, but my phone is perfect. I must order a new one.

I have been known to inject on the sidelines during a water break. This is why I hope the pump will help. I can have a match day basal program and just play, well once I work out the best location on my little body for keeping it in place.

Yes, insulin cannot be administrated or paused without the PDM, as there are no buttons or tech on the patch pump, its the pump, cannula and reservoir only. So the PDM is like a pen really, and I would sometimes need my inuslin pens during training, and more often than not during matches.

It is one of the big downsides of the omnipod, it is so simple, no controls at all on it.

That would be same for all pumps PhebeC not just Omnipod, they all need controller to suspend administer insulin etc.

Hi, could you share some links please?

I always drop my phone, and I had an Otterbox case on my phone and I really like them, it has taken some knocks and the case is worse for wear after 2 years, but my phone is perfect. I must order a new one.
Amazon, of course!

Sorry, Phoebe, I don’t know how to post a link - key in “Omnipod Dash PDM” on amazon and all sorts of exciting things appear!

Here’s my pimped PDM...832C6CDA-D9E2-4B0D-B403-3B41BC9DC200.jpeg

That would be same for all pumps PhebeC not just Omnipod, they all need controller to suspend administer insulin etc.
Many tubey pumps can be controlled on the pump. You don't need a separate controller.
In fact, that was one of the things I disliked about my tubey pump - I couldn't hide it away because I had to yank it out to bolus. Some women talked about putting their pump down their bra but I decided I didn't want to fumble around in my undergarments every time I ate.

My tubey pump (Dana i now, Dana RS before) can be suspended on the actual pump or on my phone. I almost always use my phone and basically only take my pump out to change the reservoir.

I didn’t realise @PhoebeC would be needing to bolus possibly, so that’s why I asked if she’d need the PDM. Not that I’ve played any such sport for a while, but I used to just take my pump off as I knew I wouldn’t go high.

Last edited:
Many tubey pumps can be controlled on the pump. You don't need a separate controller.
In fact, that was one of the things I disliked about my tubey pump - I couldn't hide it away because I had to yank it out to bolus. Some women talked about putting their pump down their bra but I decided I didn't want to fumble around in my undergarments every time I ate.

That's point, separate controller or one that's attached to you, you need it with you to make adjustments.

Aquapac (no idea if they still exist) used to make fully waterproof bags and pouches such that you could take a non-waterproof pump kayaking (or whatever).

There was a site called Funky Pumpers yonks ago that use to sell all sorts of bags, belts and cases.

And Spibelt - some of those were waterproof / water resistant I think?

Not sure if anyone has suggested it ( I haven't be read every reply)
But there's waterproof swim bags for cameras phones etc.
Might be worth having a mooch on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back