Bad stomach upset

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert@fm

Much missed member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Last night, I had a stomach upset and attack of the runs, so I took prophylactic doses of kaolin and of loperamide before I went to bed.

Unfortunately, they didn't work; I have just woken up, needed to go to the toilet and to change my underpants afterwards, and taken another (remedial this time) dose of stomach meds.

What is particularly worrying is that this sort of thing has happened several times over the past few months. Some may remember an attack last year which was so bad that I couldn't eat for several days; I had to fall back on the occasional full-sugar drink to keep my energy up. :(

Should I ask my carer, when he arrives in two to four hours' time, to get my GP to book a home visit?

Certainly get the home visit booked. The only time in my life that I've had it as severe as you appear to have is when I contracted food poisoning.I could not stop it coming out from both ends. If your meds aren't working then it's vital that you call the doc in. Risk of dehydration if it prolongs too long. Hope it's sorted soon..

PS I can't spell direaer.....diarear......diarrhoea either.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this Robert. Sounds awful for you. Yes I would say gay ting a visit - or at very least a phone appointment sounds a very good move.

Very sorry to hear this :( Do get that appointment Robert - I hope you recover quickly 🙂

Are you taking Metformin?
I took it for a few weeks and became incontinent, very painful spasms and no warning.

Last night, I had a stomach upset and attack of the runs, so I took prophylactic doses of kaolin and of loperamide before I went to bed.

Unfortunately, they didn't work; I have just woken up, needed to go to the toilet and to change my underpants afterwards, and taken another (remedial this time) dose of stomach meds.

What is particularly worrying is that this sort of thing has happened several times over the past few months. Some may remember an attack last year which was so bad that I couldn't eat for several days; I had to fall back on the occasional full-sugar drink to keep my energy up. :(

Should I ask my carer, when he arrives in two to four hours' time, to get my GP to book a home visit?

With your other health issues, I’d certainly seek a medical opinion Robert. It’s too easy to become dehydrated.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back