bad effect ater metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
hi is me daniela my mother in law t 2 now for about 1 year she lost so much weight she keep going back to the hospital (in spain) to have something changed she is taking metformin and since then she always has diarrea and because is so bad she is taking something to stop the diarrea then she is constipated she really doesnot know what to do anymore metformin tablet 850 mg she is taking half tablet 3 times a day is this normal ? she is 5 foot 4 and weight 6 and half stone any suggestion guys?

hi is me daniela my mother in law t 2 now for about 1 year she lost so much weight she keep going back to the hospital (in spain) to have something changed she is taking metformin and since then she always has diarrea and because is so bad she is taking something to stop the diarrea then she is constipated she really doesnot know what to do anymore metformin tablet 850 mg she is taking half tablet 3 times a day is this normal ? she is 5 foot 4 and weight 6 and half stone any suggestion guys?

Cut back on starchy carbohydrates especailly wheat based (e.g flour, cereals ) since met reacts to high carb loads.

Peter could be right, but some people just can't tolerate it. In spite of eating a low carbohydrate diet to keep my blood sugar levels down, I still had a bad reaction to Metformin. I'm now taking the slow release version which is called Glucophage and things are much better. Maybe your mother-in-law can get her doctor to prescribe it for her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back