bad day

gail1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
yesterday i had a bad day mental health wise things been building up for a few days last night i was suicidal i told staff when I told them wot was going thou my mind they wanted to call an ambulance but I didt want them to it was I told them all that would happen is I would see the hospital mental health team and I don't find them very helpful so they didt in the end Bob who was on duty was very kind he sat with me for most of nite talking to me

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Gail.
Sorry to hear you have had a rough few days but so wonderful that there are people like Bob in the world who care enough to try to help. I hope you are feeling a bit better today.

Try to find some positives in life and focus on those. I know it is really hard when you are very down but try to think of just one thing that you enjoy or have enjoyed in the past and maybe try to figure out a way to achieve that enjoyment again. It might be just a simple walk in the autumn leaves in a park, taking in the beauty of the colours or taking a photo of them or collecting a few of the prettiest leaves in different colours and taking them home to press or make a collage with, or to paint or draw. It doesn't have to be anything clever or expensive, just something that you can focus on that makes you feel good.
I know with my mental health it goes in cycles and I will be great for a few days and then for no obvious reason, I will decline and then after a day or two of struggling it picks up again. Hopefully having had the low last night which Bob kindly helped you through, you will now be heading back up again. Do make a point of thanking Bob when you are on a more even keel and make sure he knows you appreciate what he did to help you. That will make him feel good which is also important. People who feel valued and appreciated are more likely to be there to help again next time when you need someone. Hope you are feeling better soon. X

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
yesterday i had a bad day mental health wise things been building up for a few days last night i was suicidal i told staff when I told them wot was going thou my mind they wanted to call an ambulance but I didt want them to it was I told them all that would happen is I would see the hospital mental health team and I don't find them very helpful so they didt in the end Bob who was on duty was very kind he sat with me for most of nite talking to me
Hi, Hope you feel better soon.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @gail1 and I hope you're feeling a bit better today. I agree, the mental health staff in hospitals don't always seem like they can help very much. They do care, and try to do their best for you but you're probably better talking to people like Bob who know more about you and what can help you. Also as Barbara says, try and focus on enjoyable things, though I know that isn't always possible when you are down in the depths of yourself.

Hope you are on the way back up again soon x

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear you’ve had a tough day @gail1, but well done for speaking to staff and letting them know. That takes a lot of courage.

I’m glad they were able to support you and a big 3 cheers to Bob for being so awesome and helping you out,

Stay safe Gail ((((hugs))))

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry Gail I missed your post what a lovely person Bob is, sorry you are down again
and thankyou for letting us all know. Understand why you didn`t want to go to the
hospital by now you know what`s going to happen, as long as there`s people about
like Bob who can help you overcome getting so low plus all your friends on the forum
it will help you gradually feel better and we all hope you are at that stage.

Take care Gail we are here for you. xxx

Grannylorraine

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry to hear you have been feeling so bad again Gail, sounds like you got some support but don't ever feel like you are alone. I have been very bad and really felt like I wanted to end it all when my dad phoned to tell me he had caught Covid 19 in hospital. Having support is vital but so pleased to see you posted this. Sending you hugs as I understand your daily struggles. I don't post much anymore but often wonder how you are doing and check to see if you have posted.

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Sorry to hear you have been feeling so bad again Gail, sounds like you got some support but don't ever feel like you are alone. I have been very bad and really felt like I wanted to end it all when my dad phoned to tell me he had caught Covid 19 in hospital. Having support is vital but so pleased to see you posted this. Sending you hugs as I understand your daily struggles. I don't post much anymore but often wonder how you are doing and check to see if you have posted.
Sorry to hear you are feeling down, and struggling too! Take care.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1

gail1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Feeling better today thankyou all for your support and kind words I never know I had so many friends im fighting with all my might I have good times I have bad times right now im in a dark place but there is light and hope

rebrascora

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good to hear you are feeling a bit better today Gail.
The way I work through my dark days is that I know from experience that they always end and I feel better again, so I just keep my head down when i am struggling and wait for the better days to come along again. I see it a bit like the weather. Can't do anything about the damp dismal rainy days but the sun will come out again sooner or later. Even in the depths of winter, there are still sunny days.
It helps me to connect with people here on the forum on a daily basis. Even when I am not feeling good, just having that contact lifts my spirits a bit, so maybe that is something to consider for yourself. I am sure we would all like to hear from you more often if you feel able.

Inka

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So pleased you’re feeling a little better @gail1
@rebrascora has it right about dark and light days. In Winter, the dark can seem endless but we should always try to remember the Summer to come and all our previous Summers. It’s the same with ‘down’ days. Remember they’ll pass. X

Inamuddle

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi Gail
I was worried about you yesterday, but I am glad you got through the day. Its hard to explain to others how up and down I can feel. Hope that you have a more positive day x

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Feeling better today thankyou all for your support and kind words I never know I had so many friends im fighting with all my might I have good times I have bad times right now im in a dark place but there is light and hope

That’s so lovely to hear @gail1 :) :) :)

Thank you very much for letting us know how you were feeling.

Hoping the darkness lifts and the light and hope flood in.