Bad Cramp

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I woke about 3:30 am with a really bad cramp in my right calf. When I did my BG about 7:00 it was about 4.1 so was probably lower in the early hours. It is about 15 years since I have had anything so bad - it still feels like I have had a massive kick in the back of the leg. Previous to that it ws just before diagnosis (over 40 years ago) when this thin thirsty kid would be running around and suddenly pull up with agonising cramp. I am starting to think it is a symtom that your body could be running out of sugar for energy be that as a low or a high (i.e. running out of insulin). Has anybody else experienced this?

YES ahhhhh its hurts bad!!!! i was told bananas help with cramps...but then my potasium levels were high so not to eat then....so I now eat them occasionally XX I sympathise with ya falcon

I can sympathise with you too .... I get then in my feet ( both) and toes.... Very painful and takes ages to go! Was given tabs but they don't work either :( They are quinine..useless!

Hugs Mo

I get cramp in my calfs from time to time, it is agony. I find if I can put pressure on it by standing up it helps ease the pain, but it doesn't work for everyone😡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back