Background tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
When life gets busy how do you find the time to do backroad tests when nothings going to interfere?

You have to make the time when your health depends on it - and I've never ever worked 24hrs a day 7 days a week. You NEVER need to do 24hrs in one go - you split it however it happens to suit you. You don't even need to completely miss meals either - you either eat em earlier or later, to suit. OK it takes well over a week to get the full 24hrs tested, so what, what's one week out of the rest of a life?

You have to make the time when your health depends on it - and I've never ever worked 24hrs a day 7 days a week. You NEVER need to do 24hrs in one go - you split it however it happens to suit you. You don't even need to completely miss meals either - you either eat em earlier or later, to suit. OK it takes well over a week to get the full 24hrs tested, so what, what's one week out of the rest of a life?
Not just with work the other things including things outside of my control which I can’t change. By time i have time my body decides to play up or something. But I also need to find houses at the moment(long story) uncerisal credit meetings and they don’t care what you’re reasons are. I mught be able to get a night time one in tonight depending. I know I don’t work 24 hours 7 days of week but the nurture of job means it’s can integrate with stuff the next day(I have to pick up shifts when they become available because with a causal job you have to take what you can get) I’m also going to be thinking about test strip usage during them probably.

The thing that’s putting me off doing it tonight that’s if I’m not high before bed and need to correct is I’m feeling quite down at the moment and that’s something i know can interfire

I’d do a background test whilst doing my normal routine. So if I work most days of the week, I’d want my background insulin to be set so that I stay stable on those days, whilst doing my work. I wouldn’t want my background set to work when I sit on the couch all day if my lifestyle means I never sit on the couch all day I’m always doing something.

I wouldn’t do something I do only occasionally like if I went to the gym once a week I’d pick a day I didn’t do that. But other than that, you just have to make the time to do the extra tests on the day you pick. Testing takes about 30 seconds, maybe a couple of minutes if you’re getting permission for a minutes break to test, it’s not much time to take.

I’d do a background test whilst doing my normal routine. So if I work most days of the week, I’d want my background insulin to be set so that I stay stable on those days, whilst doing my work. I wouldn’t want my background set to work when I sit on the couch all day if my lifestyle means I never sit on the couch all day I’m always doing something.

I wouldn’t do something I do only occasionally like if I went to the gym once a week I’d pick a day I didn’t do that. But other than that, you just have to make the time to do the extra tests on the day you pick. Testing takes about 30 seconds, maybe a couple of minutes if you’re getting permission for a minutes break to test, it’s not much time to take.
I’m not looking for problems I know my other post got misunderstood as I was my work isn’t a routine so I need to get my base background and carb radios right(if something does need to changing) to be more confident to adjust things for work.

I’m not looking for problems I know my other post got misunderstood as I was my work isn’t a routine so I need to get my base background and carb radios right(if something does need to changing) to be more confident to adjust things for work.
So that’s why it’s not suited to it at work. Sorry I know you didn’t know that. Thank you for the sujesition.

Yes it probably would much easier to figure out a a a time if I had a normal routine but my job means i don’t

I well I’m going to try to do an evening one tonight(it might not be the best time to do it) then either a morning or lunch time one tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back