Back to Statins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharron1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
A brief update on my recent adventure with Statins. Decided to give them a go, after three months had a LFT. My cholestrol and Trigs had dropped however my liver enzymes had slightky increased. I was of the belief that this liver enzyme thing was a result of the statin. I couldn't find anything else. I was well, no other meds etc. However the GP wanted a belts and braces blood test , testing for everything and anything. I think he called it a panel. Results in today and all is normal. Therefore I am back to the statin. Only hope he will believe it .Sigh.

Thanks for the update @Sharron1 .
It looks like they will work for you (and me)

I expect he will try the ezetimibr (sp?) cholestrol lowering drug which I understand works differently and is less harsh on the liver. Good to know bloods etc are ok. But everytime which isn't often I see a GP it all goes so wrong, simply because they will not take two minutes to listen.

The first incident is my dodgy Diabetes diagnosis, the GP refused a blood test and directed me to a private company who lost and found blood test with a different reference number. The nurses think I am not diabetic. Second is the statin problem. I know they have limited time, but I am not rude and I listen to them... I simply don't know how they operate. Thank goodness all the surgery nurses I have seen are way more approachable.
I am running out of GPs to see in the surgery. There is a pretty high turnover of them in the practice

Last edited:
A brief update on my recent adventure with Statins. Decided to give them a go, after three months had a LFT. My cholestrol and Trigs had dropped however my liver enzymes had slightky increased. I was of the belief that this liver enzyme thing was a result of the statin. I couldn't find anything else. I was well, no other meds etc. However the GP wanted a belts and braces blood test , testing for everything and anything. I think he called it a panel. Results in today and all is normal. Therefore I am back to the statin. Only hope he will believe it .Sigh.
Glad everything came back ok.

Thank you. I am also. I sort of knew everything would be ok and the culprit was the statin

Hey ho, the world of statins eh? Take care Sharron xxx

I expect he will try the ezetimibr (sp?) cholestrol lowering drug which I understand works differently and is less harsh on the liver. Good to know bloods etc are ok. But everytime which isn't often I see a GP it all goes so wrong, simply because they will not take two minutes to listen.

Sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time with your GP, and having productive conversations.

Hope you are able to see if the ezetimibe suits you better and keeps your lipid panel (all the separate parts of your cholesterol/blood fats) in balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back