back to school

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahams mum

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
hi i am preparing all the diabetic stuff to take back to school and recheck all the emergency (lucozade ,glucotab ,sharp box etc) i guess all the other parents are doing the same and i guess how many children are back in school and how many are stuck in other airport

My little feller is going back to school today too. Luckily we don't have to get too much ready for him and he will go back with (hopefully) no problems. I think he is looking forward to going back.

There was a lot on the nes last night about everyone stuck at airports or in holiday resorts. Hopefully it wont be for too much longer and everyone has all the supplies of essentials they need!

Good luck to all the children going back to school today. I hope it is not too traumatic.

I can't recall an of this! I suppose all I did get ready was the kit that I needed on a daily basis. There was always the opportunity for me to head home if I required anything. I reckon my old housemaster would have understood. I don't even remember what I used to take to school in terms of diabetes stuff.

Tom

Little one is going back today and he cant wait he runs out of things to do after about 3 days lol.I said to him some of your teachers and friends might not be in today as some may be stuck abroad, they are alot of Australian teachers at his school and some are bound to have gone home to see family.Gool luck to all who have kids going back x

my son went back to school for the LAST ever time today !!! now to get thro all the exams !! after june no more school runs EVER !! just college ones ! ha

I hate going back to school days when it's a new term....I feel like a donkey loaded down with stuff. This morning, there was 2 book bags, 1 diary bag (diabetes book), 1 swimming bag, 2 PE kits, 2 lunchboxes, 2 hypo boxes, care plans and 2 sharp boxes....

Phew...glad it's all in now 🙂

so i was not the only one this morning check glucotab in the school box OUT OF DATE!!!! but everything else was allright one of the school secretary is stuck in Poland and my sister still stuck in Egypt i had a great week end in brighton in a DUK meeting for children and their parents i spoke to graham new consultant dr Kanumakala and he remembered me from 3 years ago when i met him for the first time when graham was diagnosed i must be an oustanding mum (not really i am only a bit weird maybe this is why everybody remember me a part from my stature eeehhh eeehhh)

so i was not the only one this morning check glucotab in the school box OUT OF DATE!!!! but everything else was allright one of the school secretary is stuck in Poland and my sister still stuck in Egypt i had a great week end in brighton in a DUK meeting for children and their parents i spoke to graham new consultant dr Kanumakala and he remembered me from 3 years ago when i met him for the first time when graham was diagnosed i must be an oustanding mum (not really i am only a bit weird maybe this is why everybody remember me a part from my stature eeehhh eeehhh)

glad it went well, my sons schools caretaker is stuck somewhere and a year 6 teacher is stuck in sweden still.

you ARE an outstanding mum along with all the other parents on here Daniela dont you ever doubt that hun xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back