back to nurse for 3mth check, what to expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i go back to my nurse next thursday for my 3mth check, only been with her once when i was dianosed in march. just wondering what to expect when i go to see her, do i get more bloods taken to see how good ive been getting on? im abit anxious about going to see her as i dont think ive been doing as good as i could be even though ive lost a stone in weight i do still have takeaways an still take a drink, i have stopped crisps an chocolate almost completly. what will happen if my levels havent changed? thanks xxx

Hi Tracey. Diagnosed in Feb I had my first check up quite recently. Obviously every practice is different. I had already had my blood tests the previous week. Firstly I saw the pre DN nurse who took my blood pressure, weighed me and gave me my blood envelopes and appointment for the next time. She then had a quick (very quick 🙄) look at my feet. Then a short wait to see DN who went through all my blood results. She asked a few general questions on how I was coping, whether I was depressed etc. As my Hba1C came out at 7, she decided to leave it for another 3 months to see if I could lower it still further before they decide to move me on to tablets (or not).
What she did say is that the 3 month appointment is often a turning point. People start to get fed up with the new regime and slip to their old ways, or if someone has made a huge effort to change their eating habits, the body has adjusted as much as it can and further improvements may not be possible :( - not sure how true this is:confused:
Anyway as I said every appointment will be different, but good luck and I will be interested to hear how you get on.

thanks for the info lynda 🙂 do they tell you what your hba1c is on the same day or does it take a few days to find out? thanks xxx

It takes my doc about 3 days to get the results back, so they advise me to go the week before to be safe. Good luck🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back