Back to being pre diabetes

Big Pete

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got results from doctors after 3 month blood and diabetes check. Yay back to being pre diabetes was Hba1c 49 but now down to 45, just need to keep doing what I have recently to keep it there. I have had no cakes biscuits sweets chocolate, cut down on amount of potatoes I eat, have beansprouts instead of fried rice from Chinese, eat more fruit and look for healthier options.

Just got results from doctors after 3 month blood and diabetes check. Yay back to being pre diabetes was Hba1c 49 but now down to 45, just need to keep doing what I have recently to keep it there. I have had no cakes biscuits sweets chocolate, cut down on amount of potatoes I eat, have beansprouts instead of fried rice from Chinese, eat more fruit and look for healthier options.
Well done you, I'm hoping for a similar result in about 3 weeks

WELL DONE and good luck maintaining that success.

Nice one. Your measures are working. I’m in a similar position. Diagnosed 3 months ago Hba1c 48 and now down to 42. What I find encouraging is that Hba1c is indicative of the AVERAGE blood glucose levels over 2-3 months. This I understand to be because glucose attaches to the haemoglobin and because red blood cells only live for 2-3 months. So any test will have a lag effect of 1 to 1.5 months of the instantaneous glucose levels. Assuming diet and exercise changes are consistent.

So I’m hoping next time I will see a similar reduction. We will see!

@Stephen Mc you are right in your assumption and well done on the 42.
I was 51 almost 3 months ago so another test in 3 weeks, but my own monitoring say's pre to non diabetic, so I'm guessing I will test as pre at worst given as you say the lag

Hi. Did you reduce it with or without medication? Thanks

Great to hear @Big Pete

Well done on the changes you’ve made. Onwards and downwards!

Back