Back to basics for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peely66

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I appear to be making a right horse's posterior of things at the moment (A1c up to 60!!) so it's back to basics for me and a reassessment of everything I think. Where to start? Carb to insulin ratio, timings of injections? One meal at a time? Maybe a basal test?

I feel I should have a better handle on this after 30 + years...I weighed my muesli for the first time in ages this morning.

I appear to be making a right horse's posterior of things at the moment (A1c up to 60!!) so it's back to basics for me and a reassessment of everything I think. Where to start? Carb to insulin ratio, timings of injections? One meal at a time? Maybe a basal test?

I feel I should have a better handle on this after 30 + years...I weighed my muesli for the first time in ages this morning.
I think the usual advice is
1.Start by fixing Basal, if that’s out, nothing else will fall into line.
2. Don’t tweak more than one thing at once, else you won’t know what fixed the problem.
3. Tackle bolus one meal at a time, and get that fixed before you move on to the next.
4.Good luck!

Basal first as @Robin says. It’s the foundation of the ‘diabetes control house’ we have to build. Included in that is the timing of your basal. Then I’d look at my breakfast ratio next and breakfast injection timing. Then move on to lunch, etc.

One thing you might also want to think about is whether you’d like a change of insulin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back