Back pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracy1971

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ive been increasing my insulin until i come to a happy medium as suggested by my nurse. Im constantly at 12 (give or take) so leaving at that until i get to see her on 8th Feb. Yesterday i started with pain on the left hand side of my back, round my waist and going into my side. I suspect it may be a Kidney infection but i wanted to know if lnsulin can cause damage? Is it that, that is causing the pain? Im on Humulin I 18Units pre breakfast and 12units pre evening meal? Im concerned im doing myself more damage?

I've never heard of insulin causing a problem like that, so suspect you need to see a doctor to investigate other causes. (kidney infection seems plausible, but a pulled muscle is also possible, or any other cause that only your doctor will think of).

Ive been increasing my insulin until i come to a happy medium as suggested by my nurse. Im constantly at 12 (give or take) so leaving at that until i get to see her on 8th Feb. Yesterday i started with pain on the left hand side of my back, round my waist and going into my side. I suspect it may be a Kidney infection but i wanted to know if lnsulin can cause damage? Is it that, that is causing the pain? Im on Humulin I 18Units pre breakfast and 12units pre evening meal? Im concerned im doing myself more damage?

Insulin can’t cause damage like you describe. If you think it’s a kidney infection, speak to your GP today and tell them that. Best sorted early if it is.

Ok and thank u. Cannot get a GP appt for love nor money but i am there on Tuesdat for a foot and diabetic review. Pain has subsided for now. I did a 30min walj yesterday, not much i know but recently had a stroke so exercise is limited - could be that!! Fingers crossed and thank u.

Glad to hear your pain is subsiding @tracy1971

And good that you’ve got an appointment coming up.

There are some helpful pointers, precautions, and things to look out for here which may help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back