back on prescribed dosage of glicozide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brambleberry

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Well I will be going back to Melbourne on Monday Morning. It has been nice visiting family in Tassie, who I needed time with as both are ailing and not getting any younger and I needed to cast my nurses eye over exactly what was going on with them and their current health difficulties. As I said previously I have had to dodge some food issues along the way. Heavier on carbs than I would like I sent myself back on my full 80mg of glicozide just in case monitoring carefully since I had a couple of hypos at my sons a few weeks ago. Not so active over here due to one of my hosts being very immobile at present. So less risk I suppose. Its working out at present. We went for a meal out and I had salad and a tiny dessert which kept me at 5.2 2 hrs after eating and 4.2 before tea! Just as well I had it! They wanted me to have cider...trying to convince me it was good for you low in alcohol...now they know I do not drink and never have! I was a Mormon for 35 yrs and whilst I no longer am, I just never really got into the taste for alcohol nor do I wish too. I could tell my refusal was winding one of them up. I then politely reminded her I was a diabetic alcohol was sugar, and I was on a pile of meds that state DO NOT TAKE ALCOHOL ! She then shut up! Gee whiz as well I am going back to sons soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back