Back/Hip pain vs kidney

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMalc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
Quick question for any amateur diagnosticians out there!

I have occasional dodgy backs which limits my running from time to time, but that normally comes on and then dissipates over a couple of days of sitting with a better posture etc etc. This time round the pain has moved more hipwards, and is not improving. First thing in the mornings is worse, though it eases during the day a bit - but still walking with discomfort and an unnatural gait and no chance of running.

I think it is too low down a pain to be a kidney issue, but as a long term insulin dependant T2 am obviously conscious that kidney issues are a possibility. My BG numbers are pretty reasonable and steady, so it doesn't seem like an infection issue.

Just hoping someone else will have had some experience of this to help gauge my optimism that it is just my dodgy back being mischievous!

Cheers
Malc

Best to go get it checked I’d say. You should be getting your kidney function checked at least once a year, but no harm in making sure things are still running OK in the meantime.

Getting a physical exam, and discussing your concerns with your Dr should make sure any possible issues are spotted sooner rather than later and any necessary action can be taken.

Any shooting pains? I'm wondering about discs in your spine. If it is actually back related, movement often does help which would explain the partial improvement you're seeing in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back