awful day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok so i woke up today all optimistic about the week ahead because im starting to eat better and take better care of myself...and had the worst start to the week!

First of all i got up and put some new songs on my blackberry via the memory card and when i put it back in it told me there was an error and i now have no songs on my fone whatsoever and have to now buy a new card! Next i bolused for my breakfast of some eggs...which exploded all over the microwave and i only managed to salvage half an egg! So not having a fone i turned to my ipod...broke! until i finally managd to get it working and headed out to work, halfway to work my headfones decide to break as well! so arrive at work not in a happy mood!

Then i fone the doctors to get my HBA1C and its not good news.....10.2 i am so dissapointed in myself and now feel awful, i go back to work angry and upset sitting outside close to tears when my boss comes over and tells me she just got a letter about my new tax code....!!! another tax code! now i have 2 jobs and earning more i am getting taxed more and she said its going to be really bad!! i dont even know if i am going to be able to pay the bills let alone live off it! cue the tears again....

So just got back from work now and i have just cancelled my dentist appointment because frankly i cant take any more bad news! my mum is still ill and nan is still in hospital and i have just had enough of everything today i think im just gonna go to sleep

Oh yea and i broke a nail as well...

Last edited:
Sending lots of hugs DG, hope that's all your bad luck done for the week!

xx

Nikkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time :( :(

Working 2 jobs is a nightmare with tax - one of them will get heftily taxed, so make sure they get the right codes for the right job (aka pick which one you want to be taxed more on).

Sending you huge hugs. As for the hba1c, it gives you something to work on - there's also the possibility that maybe your honeymoon period is coming to an end, so things are going a little haywire?

Love! xx

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible, horrible day. Am sending happy vibes to you along with hugs and really hope tomorrow is full of good things.xx

Big (((hugs))) hope tomorrow is a better day for you xx

Sending u a baseball bat to bat away ur troubles 🙄 and a big hug too nikki 🙂

Sending u a baseball bat to bat away ur troubles 🙄 and a big hug too nikki 🙂
I hope that tomorrow will be a much better day for you

Having not had fewer than 3 employers in any tax year since about 1988, apart from years when I was overseas, I have some understanding of the issues involved. The most important thing is to inform the tax office (whichever one or more is dealing with your tax affairs) about all your jobs and giving them an estimate of how much you will earn, so that tax allowance can be split, if that's appropriate, or kept just for one job if that's where you earn the most. Write letter(s) and keep copies. Then, make sure you keep every payslip / expenses statement (if you get travel expenses paid seperately) and be prepared to fill in a tax return soon after 6th April each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back