Awake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stressabeccy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello. Is somebody awake? I Just woked up for 40 minuts ago withs a bloodsugar på almost 20 and humolag doesnt help.

The Humalog will help, but with a blood sugar of 20, it will take longer to start working - perhaps as much as 3 hours until you start to see a drop. Keep testing every 30 minutes so you can see what’s happening, but please keep in mind it will probably be 3 hours until you see a tiny drop, then maybe another 30 minutes after that that the drop becomes quicker.

Hello inka
Thank you for answering me.
I am happy for that, because i dont like this.
Called with the doctor so taked a large dose.

Watch your blood sugar closely @Stressabeccy because once it begins to go down, it can start very slowly but suddenly drop quickly. Be very careful this morning.

How could it be over 20? It could be a number of reasons eg did you take your basal insulin yesterday? Could your basal insulin have become ‘bad’ (lost its effectiveness)? Did you eat anything unusual last night eg a meal with lots of fat or protein? Are you becoming ill? There are many possibilities.

Let us know how you are later this morning. X

Watch your blood sugar closely @Stressabeccy because once it begins to go down, it can start very slowly but suddenly drop quickly. Be very careful this morning.

How could it be over 20? It could be a number of reasons eg did you take your basal insulin yesterday? Could your basal insulin have become ‘bad’ (lost its effectiveness)? Did you eat anything unusual last night eg a meal with lots of fat or protein? Are you becoming ill? There are many possibilities.

Let us know how you are later this morning. X
Yes it dropped fast. Oi

Called with the doctor so taked a large dose.
Beccy, how much Humalog did you take and had you taken any before you rang the doctor and if so how much and what time?

You can sometimes go high because your levels dropped too low during the night and then your liver responds my releasing a lot of glucose into your system to help you recover. We know that you are on quite a large dose of Toujeo if I remember rightly, so it is possible that your levels are dropping very low in the depths of the night and then your liver is providing it's response as your body goes into shock. These highs and lows are very dangerous and will make you feel unwell. My concern is that your Toujeo dose is too high and that is dropping you very low quite quickly at times. The reason I think this is that you seem to be hypoing a lot at all times of the day and each time you seem to need more than one hypo treatment (15g carbs) to bring your levels up.
It sounds like you are on a real Blood Glucose rollercoaster going from excessive highs to lows to highs to lows. This is not good for your body and will make you feel ill. It is better to bring the highs down slowly throughout the day than inject a big dose of insulin and then go low very fast and then have to eat fast acting carbs to push you back up again. You need to be more patient about using a smaller dose of Humalog and then waiting for it to work. As @Inka says, it takes longer to reduce your levels when they are high, so give it time rather than just inject more.

No i had not taking insulin when i called the doctor. I took 15 units humalog. I have had 15 hypo today. I am usually rather not so hight No more. But today i was very hight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back