Aviva Nano. Private prescroptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmaLou

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Receieved Accu Chek Aviva Nano last week. Have been to order new strips and lancets but have been told they are only available on private prescription. Im guesing this is wrong as the nano uses the same strips as the original aviva machine? I wouldnt mind but i work in a GP's surgery and i know that you can get them. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or knows whether they are right or wrong. Im guessing they are wrong? Thanks

That's nonsense - as you say, they use the same strips as the ordinary Aviva, and I've been using those for months!

Ask for ordinary Aviva strips and then, if they say that's ok then tell them but they're exactly the same!!!:D

I didnt think till id left the surgery that they are used for the aviva. And when i was in the chemist i asked about it and they showed me them so i thought all would be ok. Im thinking that maybe the receptionist might have been looking up the nano system and maybe thats only available on private prescription. But i know you can get them cos i looked them up at work myself on the system. Just takes the pee now cos i cant get in to speak to them til thursday now and i want to use it! Such a big kid!! Thanks for replying

Emmalou - my nanos both came with a pack of 10 strips in the box so you should be able to play and use the tubs to prove to any doubting GP surgery or pharmacy that they do use the same strips as the ordinary aviva

Thanks. Im gonna go back in on thursday after work as they close at lunch tomorrow and i might just kick her face in lol just annoys me that they think they now everything yet she was very wrong and even tried to tell me that id have to pay for it if i wanted it!

Ask for "Aviva Test Strips" and quote the PIP code 317-1253 and you will get your strips.:D

I had a similar problem when I changed to the Nano. They told me that the test strips weren't available on the NHS, but I had previously had them on prescription in the same surgery because I used to use an Aviva!

When I pointed this out, they were able to just reorder them from the old prescription, but I'm still not sure why it said they weren't available in the first place. :confused:

I had a similar problem when I changed to the Nano. They told me that the test strips weren't available on the NHS, but I had previously had them on prescription in the same surgery because I used to use an Aviva!

When I pointed this out, they were able to just reorder them from the old prescription, but I'm still not sure why it said they weren't available in the first place. :confused:

The doctor could have typed the brand into the computer and that got rejected. I had the same trouble until I got the PIP code.

do you have a medical exemption cetificate? if you don't have to pay for prescription items I'm not sure you should be paying for a private prescription either. Worth checking it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back