Autopens

Status
Not open for further replies.

aymes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Don't think I've seen this mentioned before, apparently the autopen is being discontinued in about 18 months. Was just at my diabetes clinic and requested a new pen for my lantus so now have a click star pen instead, have read good things on here about them so looking forward to trying it out, was never a big fan of the autopen!

I did hear that, but I also thought that Owen Mumford were going to continue to produce them - wonder how many people will still want the autopen instead of the clickstar? Not me! Is it correct that you can get a clickstar that does half units?

I've just come back from nursey clutching a pack of 5 solostar lantus pens.

She said that the autopens were becoming hard to get. Mine's lasted 10 years ish so I can't complain.

Rob

I would strongly recommend the solostars!

Apparently they cost a few pence over ?40 a box as opposed to a few pence under for the autopen cartridges, so there's no disincentive for the PCT to prescribe them.

Rob

the autopens will still be made apparently, but won't be promoted by Sanofi anymore. The clickstar only comes in 1 unit increments at the moment.
I'm still pretty happy with the clikstar prefer it over the autopen

I've just discovered one of the drawbacks to the solostar (and prob other disposables).

No case for when travelling.

BUT. I have just fetched out my old Humapen Ergo case and it fits pretty well, so it has a new home. If I remember to keep it in there and not just lob it on the bedside table as per usual 🙄

I found the Autopen flimsy wallet next to useless. Did they ever improve on that ?

Rob

Is it correct that you can get a clickstar that does half units?

The NovoPen Junior has half units - K had them for a day then they took them away and gave us ordinary NovoPen 4's (which arent in half units). Dont know if all pens can be used with all insulins?

The NovoPen Junior has half units - K had them for a day then they took them away and gave us ordinary NovoPen 4's (which arent in half units). Dont know if all pens can be used with all insulins?

Yes, I think we've had this conversation before, I'll have to dig out the old threads. The lantus cartridges are slightly different to novorapid cartridges so not sure if they are compatible. I'll have to do some digging. Not so urgent at the moment because I'm on 7 lantus, but at one point I went down to 3 units so an adjustment of 1 unit was a large percentage change. If I go down to 3 again it would be handy to adjust in half units. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back