Australians to join multi-million dollar diabetes drug class action lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Australian victims of a popular diabetes drug that has been linked to bladder cancer will join a US class action suing the makers of the drug.
Tens of thousands of Australians are thought to have taken the diabetes drug Actos, which has been linked to a 40 per cent increased risk of bladder cancer.
Law firm Maurice Blackburn said it would join a class action against Takeda and Eli Lilly, the co-manufacturers and distributors of the drug.
Maurice Blackburn Principal Damian Scattini said the companies had behaved ?terribly?.
Advertisement
?They knew before they even released the drug that it had a tendency to induce tumours in rats but they proceeded irrespective of that,? he said.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nat...drug-class-action-lawsuit-20130520-2jvs1.html

I took actos for about ten years, until the GP decided that due to the problems of causing cancer in rats, it was decided that I should stop taking it. The problem now is that, as I have been on most type 2 tablets there is nothing left but insulin, as I could not tolerate Exenatide.

So far I have had no adverse side effects from Actos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back