August virtual meetup?

SB2015

Forum Host
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Interestingly, I didn't have the option to raise my hand that is there usually as an attendee.
Hi Ralph
I found this when working on a lap top when I went into the list of participants. It was at the bottom of the list, and once I clicked it and hand up appeared next to my name. At the meeting where this was in use the chair monitored this and I muted us in turn. There were a large number of us in attendance so it was pretty essential.

There is another facility to show a thumbs up or clapping hands in appreciation but that is just a temporary response which then vanishes as far as I know.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sundays still seemed to be a popular choice, so I am suggesting a Zoom meeting on

Sunday 16th August 3.00 - 3.45pm
(maybe slightly longer if we can restart it)

Let me know if you’d like to receive an invite and the password.

I will try to set it up so that we can reuse the same address and password each time from now on. And we can play with Breakout Rooms this time too!

It’s open to anyone, Zoom/forum novices and stalwarts alike. It was an enjoyably chaotic hour last time, and great to be able to put moving 3D faces to familiar names and avatars :)

Do join us if you can.

grainger

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes please. Sorry I missed the last one, will blame the kids but to be honest I’m just losing track of everything at the moment!

have put new date/time in calendar and hope to make it

Flower

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Yes please, count me in :)

Matchless

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello

Just wondering if there was enthusiasm for another virtual forum Zoom meetup in August? Or whether folks were planning getaways, and people felt it was better to wait until September?

Sunday was the day or choice for the first one - is that still a good option? Or should we try Saturday or perhaps a weekday evening?

I am just aware that a few people missed out who were interested, so it might be nice to have another one?

What do folks think?
Hi all is this virtual meet open to all or is it just for regulars i would be interested to listen in to see what subjects you discuss .yours Andrew.

mikeyB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Whatever you do Mike, don't publish the login code on the public forum.

RuthB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Yes please to a meet up! I am very much still working from home and not really venturing out much so in theory any day is fine for me! But Sundays sound good. As a newbie to the forum, and someone who is hoping to take a bit more control of her diabetes, this is coming at just the right time!

Robin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
how will i know when you are all on line.
What happened last time was that Mike (Admin) sent a private message to everyone who had expressed an interest, confirming the date and time, with a Zoom number and password and a link, (which took me straight to the meet without needing to input either of them)
A few people were already on when I got on, and more joined, a lot of us were 'first time zoomers' so there was a lot of help going on from old hands, talking you through which buttons you needed to press to get your picture to appear, and your sound on, etc, it was all merrily chaotic!

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Looking forward to the August "meet up"