Atorvastatin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mymadworld

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Seems like I've been on Atorvastatin for years I'm suffering from some side effects like leg muscle ache dizziness so question is how do I stop taking them. Cheers Richard

Seems like I've been on Atorvastatin for years I'm suffering from some side effects like leg muscle ache dizziness so question is how do I stop taking them. Cheers Richard
Have you had those side effects from the start or are they new symptoms in which case it may not be that medication as you would expect it would have happened when you started taking them.
Best to speak to your GP. If your cholesterol is OK then they may reduce the dose to see if that helps.

Have you had those side effects from the start or are they new symptoms in which case it may not be that medication as you would expect it would have happened when you started taking them.
Best to speak to your GP. If your cholesterol is OK then they may reduce the dose to see if that helps.
I sort of thought that I've had cramps and other problems but I'm on Prostap for my cancer so it could be a combination of both although been on prostap for a good while just need to ask doctor about how I'm feeling cheers Richard

You could switch to plant sterols. A natural statin with no side effects

I just had 6 week course from expert diabetes and got some good information from them I will look into plant serols and I need to lower my carb intake

Except that they are not statins. Also, they are way less effective than statins at reducing LDL. And "statin" side effects are almost always a nocebo effect.

I just stopped taking the tablets.

I gave up Atorvastatin due to my legs not working properly and very low energy levels. I'm now on Simverstatin which is fine for me. Bizarrely my partner had issues with Simverstatin but is fine on Atorvastatin! Worth a conversation with your GP I think. Best of luck.

Took Atorvastatin for 3 months, was told if any side effects occurred it would be at start, didn't have any as very few people do, they are considered safe & probably one of the most researched drugs around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back