At work and ooops pump reservoir is empty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
mmmm, glad I have an old Humalog cartridge in my drawer from my MDI days and a rather dodgy looking disposable needle.......needs must! 😱

mmmm, glad I have an old Humalog cartridge in my drawer from my MDI days and a rather dodgy looking disposable needle.......needs must! 😱

Just how old is that cartridge? Might not be any good if it's not been in a fridge for several months! 😱

Just how old is that cartridge? Might not be any good if it's not been in a fridge for several months! 😱

Probably been in the drawer for a couply of years Alan, heating was off for a couple of months a while back 😉........Bs is 7.0 at the moment, will just have to keep checking.....might have to be an early knock off!

Probably been in the drawer for a couply of years Alan, heating was off for a couple of months a while back 😉........Bs is 7.0 at the moment, will just have to keep checking.....might have to be an early knock off!

Blimey!Hope things go ok! 🙂

Oh dear, hope you can get off work and get some fresh insulin. Doesn't your pump give an alarm when the reservoir is getting low? Having said that, my son would just switch off the alarm and not look what it was if he was busy doing something more interesting lol!

Oh dear, hope you can get off work and get some fresh insulin. Doesn't your pump give an alarm when the reservoir is getting low? Having said that, my son would just switch off the alarm and not look what it was if he was busy doing something more interesting lol!

yes it alarms at 20 units left, I'd already had breakfast and bolused and forgot to check before I left for work, 2 hours later alarm went off. Didn't have enough insulin in my pump to bolus for lunch, so upped it with an injection and will have to give myself another shot in an hour or so to make up for missed basal! 😎

It really annoys me that the alarm for Accuchek is either 20 units or empty. At 20 units it seems a waste of insulin to change the reservoir.....but then it's easy to forget to change it later until the insulin has run out. Fortunately I've always rembered with still a few units left but I could see me easily forgetting if I worked. I hope you feel ok Phil.

Can you customise the alarm on the Accuchek. I'm pretty sure we have the option on the Veo to set a low reservoir warning at a suitable level for us, though I haven't got round to that yet. At the moment it alarms low when it still has >24 hours left, which isn't particularly helpful!

I've just gone through all of the options on my remote and can't find a way to customise the alarm but if anybody knows how to please let me know. Thanks very much

14.3 now :(......seems my cartridge has lost it's sugar reducing ability! .....early knock off!

Any excuse to get off early on a nice day ! Only kidding Hope thing ok 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back