At what point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
So im.pretty sure ive had a virus felt similar to hiw i was when i had covid last. So by background insulin need is rising on a daily basis still after just over a week and I’ve now doubled almost my doses and raised my bolus ratios with no signs of stopping. I’ve not been on this level of levemir since I started it. At the start of this virus I also started a new vial of levemir. At what point do you decided that perhaps it’s a faulty solution actually?

I’ve still got a bit of a cough but otherwise feeling ok.

I would think if you are in any doubt that it might be a duff vial, it would be worth trying a new vial for your next dose, just to put your mind at rest!

You can always go back and finish the end of the vial if they both work the same 🙂

At the start of this virus I also started a new vial of levemir. At what point do you decided that perhaps it’s a faulty solution actually?
If you’re using a vial are you also using a syringe not an insulin pen? I think a half unit reusable insulin pen would be easier and more accurate to use.

If ever I’m unsure I use a new cartridge, put the old one in the fridge, and then I can go back to it if a change of cartridge made no difference.

@everydayupsanddowns Ok so am I likely to spend a day or two eating all the time as I’ve doubled my dose and it does turn out to be a bad vial? I remember when I first started on bolus and basal i accidentally gave myself I think it was something like 5 units of basal instead of bolus on top of my already given 3 units of basal and was eating a bowl of porridge every hour or two for 24 hours! ‍♀️

If you’re using a vial are you also using a syringe not an insulin pen? I think a half unit reusable insulin pen would be easier and more accurate to use.

If ever I’m unsure I use a new cartridge, put the old one in the fridge, and then I can go back to it if a change of cartridge made no difference.
Sorry Lucy, I meant cartridge and I do use the half units.

@everydayupsanddowns Ok so am I likely to spend a day or two eating all the time as I’ve doubled my dose and it does turn out to be a bad vial? I remember when I first started on bolus and basal i accidentally gave myself I think it was something like 5 units of basal instead of bolus on top of my already given 3 units of basal and was eating a bowl of porridge every hour or two for 24 hours! ‍♀️

Well given your concerns, I suppose you could revert back to your previous dose (or a halfway house?) for the first dose or two to see how things play out?

Yes ok it would have to be halfway house then.

don’t need to, from my alarm and stick test at 3.45 am its seems I’ve reached the plateau and the background is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back