Asthma

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaraway

Ok, so it's a bit off topic but I was yesterday diagnosed with asthma. The Dr suspect primarily exercise induced but possibly heat/pollen or something else that has set it off. I have never been diagnosed with this before and have to say a little surprised at developing it.

Finding it quite frustrating after all the work and effort I have put in to try and get my blood sugars controlled when playing football and now this is limiting me. I don't think I've cracked the blood sugars yet but I am getting there and didn't go higher than 13 on sunday so that is an improvement.

Just wondering if any of you guys have it?

Very occasionally. It's very common up here for some reason. My grandmother had it very badly and my colleague is currently in hospital with it. Trouble is there are so many triggers for it, it could be allergies, or it could be stress, or it could be a combination of things. Have they given you inhalers for it? If you have the blue one, that's probably Salbutamol/Ventolin and I think you're meant to use it when you feel wheezy (the one I have but rarely need). There's a brown one too that I'm told contains a steroid which builds up to help prevent attacks.

I haven't had to use mine in ages so I don't know what it would do to my numbers. Let me know when you find out. It does give me indigestion though.

You can develop asthma/eczema/dermatitis/migraines and/or allergies at any age. Environmental factors, health issues and even age related changes can bring it on, plus there could be an inherited factor. Does anyone else in the family have any of these problems?

Last edited:
I have had asthma since before the diabetes.
And i seem to find that it is more the diabetes seting the asthma off, then the other way around.

If my sugars are high, it feels like i am struggeling to breathe.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back