Arty Farty Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a great idea for a project at the beginning of the year, something to do with how many times I test myself in a year, and what that looks like in testing strips......

So I've kept every single testing strip I've used this year (well, the odd one might have worked its way into my pocket lining somewhere). And every foil wrapper. And every spent insulin pen...... and lots of boxes and packaging and needle-top-bits-of-paper and stuff.

Absolutely drowning in diabetes waste. I've got so much it's really in the way, and still no real inspiration. Do I just line the testing strips up like dominos and take a photo? Pile up the wrappers? Make a dress, with a foil skirt and corsetty 'test-strip' bit?

Ideas, please! - all greatfully received

Maybe use them to make a diabotic like some have in here, i cant think of a use for all the test strips though, but then again my brain lays dorment most of the time.

Plenty of material for a rocking diabotic there http://diabotica.blogspot.com , or how about looking at some of the stuff here: http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/diabetessuppliesart

Here's my poem about test strips :D

If all the test strips that I used
Were laid out tip to toe,
They?d stretch the length of England?s coast
From Kent to Plymouth Ho!

And if those strips were all piled up,
They?d climb into the sky
And form a constant hazard there
To pigeons flying by?!

Consider then, upon each strip
A drop of blood must fall.
There?d be enough, if gathered up
To fill the Albert Hall!

But what about the missing strips,
That give us sleepless nights?
You?ll find them hidden in the feet
Of socks and ladies tights!

How they get there, who can tell?
It?s one of life?s unknowns,
Perhaps transported on the waves
Emitted by our phones?

Or maybe in the quantum world
Where all dimensions meet,
They can?t resist the attractive force
Of diabetic feet!

jewellry ??? noooo its got to be a diobot !!

That's a great one Northe.

Lizzie, I'd make a diabot army.

That's a great one Northe.

Lizzie, I'd make a diabot army.

Yes! Like the Terracotta Army! That would be awesome! :D

terracotta_army_close.jpg

Hmmm...... you could line your test strips up starting in your house and see how far they go! the only problem may be that you may look a bit strange once you get out the front door 😛

Northerner, You quirky Northern thing You. Great poem, and I had absolutely no concept of a Diabot but now I have a concept of far too many Diabots, all coming my way.... argggggghhhhh!

Here's hoping they're more friendly than the terracotta army look, else it's gonna be the jewelry or the long line of strips, after all!

Maybe a train-track of strips..... and a train to go on it......

Thanks folks, will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back