Articles and the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
In response to the request for articles giving advice on living with diabetes: We do have a 'News' area for things that arise in the press and other resources but, according to the terms agreed with our sponsors, that's as close as we can come to giving actual advice. There are any number of factual websites out there that provide an excellent resource for research and advice but precious few that concentrate on providing support and encouragement to diabetics no matter what the issue. That support is our reason for being and it's what we do best. After some debate, we have decided to stick to our agreement and continue to provide support to our members as we have done since we started nearly two years ago.

Speaking personally I could not have survived the past nine months without the support and friendship of the people in here, what they have given me is far more valuable in my eyes than any amount of purely factual advice could ever be, that has it's place but it's not what I really need. If I'm holding my own and well enough to start to work, it's largely because of the encouragement of our members. I really wouldn't want to change that.

Fair enough but it does appear to be a bit of a shame that for ?20 worth of hosting per year, you're restricted in what you can do by a sponsor who appears to do nothing else other than put their logo on the site.

Still, JMO. Its your call.

this forum is exactly 'what it says on the tin' ...a support forum ...any advice etc is always in our own opinion ...and links provide further info . Support in coping with diabetes is very important and through this members of this forum often feel enabled to ask the questions to their care team xx PLUS we are in in it together and learn from each other xx🙂

Fair enough but it does appear to be a bit of a shame that for ?20 worth of hosting per year, you're restricted in what you can do by a sponsor who appears to do nothing else other than put their logo on the site.

Still, JMO. Its your call.

I wouldn't call it a 'restriction', we simply didn't set out to be all things to all men, except a forum for mustual support. Whilst many of our members have extensive experience of the myriad varieties of diabetes, and can therefore relate to many of the questions and problems raised, formalising that knowledge into a series of articles is just not what we are about. Of course, that may change in the future - nothing is set in stone! 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back