Arthur Smith - champion of injectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I'm sorry, this deserves special mention, in the Jan/Feb issue of Balance is the column I most enjoy reading, Mr Arthur Smith, I don't recall him as a comedian before he wrote for balance but in a worrying way he is the only voice of sanity in that whole publication.

This month is no different, except this month he lets rip on THAT nurse!!! And it's superb.

I'm not entirely sure I'll be following all parts of the restaurant injecting ceremony, but I will certainly continue the way I am and with the intent he means by the ceremony.

If you pick Balance up for nothing else (certainly not support 🙄) then I'd borrow a copy fo 20 minutes, cut the bull go straight to the last page (not the cover!) and have a laugh!

I read Arthur's page last night.

Lol! I can just imagine what would happen if you dropped your trousers in the middle of a restaurant and injected in your buttocks like he suggested!

A straight jacket comes to mind followed by a trip in an ambulance 😉

I read Arthur's page last night.

Lol! I can just imagine what would happen if you dropped your trousers in the middle of a restaurant and injected in your buttocks like he suggested!

A straight jacket comes to mind followed by a trip in an ambulance 😉

That was the bit I was looking forward too - or do you think I should wear my kilt 🙄

what the... it has just arrived in the post...

I didn't re-subscribe!

what the... it has just arrived in the post...

I didn't re-subscribe!

As I've said before they couldn't organise a polite meeting of drinkers in an establishment that produces the said beverages on the premises :D

Me too Katie, I got mine yesterday but they had sent me a letter early December saying I needed to renew my subscription. I do plan to (opps should I say that around these parts 😉) but haven't got round to it yet.

Me too Katie, I got mine yesterday but they had sent me a letter early December saying I needed to renew my subscription. I do plan to (opps should I say that around these parts 😉) but haven't got round to it yet.

why not wait and see whether you get another free copy? 😉 haha im so cheeky!

why not wait and see whether you get another free copy? 😉 haha im so cheeky!

My original subscription was in June, but they didn't take the next DD until late September, so I got a 'free' copy too. (for what it's worth!)

My original subscription was in June, but they didn't take the next DD until late September, so I got a 'free' copy too. (for what it's worth!)

Cancelled my DD for June and made other changes so a short and medium term loss for them from here :D

Enjoyed reading it. Feel like photocopying it for the idiot who started the issue about BG testing at my desk! I am sure that if he had to do 6 BGs and five injections a day for a week he might overcome his prejudices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back