Argh toothache

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorzelGummidge

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I've never had toothache before but I do tonight and I hate it! I have such an irrational fear of losing my adult teeth. I have dreams where it happens and I have to walk around for the rest of my life with gaps in my teeth. It's so stupid because I know I could get an enamel one or whatever they do but its a weird phobia.

A girl on my DAFNE course this week had a tooth infection but I don't see how it can be contagious since I didn't snog her or anything. Maybe it'll disappear by tomorrow... if not, do I see a doctor or a dentist? :confused:

You poor thing, toothache is awful! Hope you feel better soon.

And I just realised I've run out of BG strips. I do have a new pot of them but they're out of date and my meter won't let me use them. Not a good day 🙄

Try changing the date on your meter

keep an eye on your toothache, i started like that in feb and ended up in hostital with dka. ha ha i have had nightmares about loosing my teeth!!! i wonder if its a diabetic thing?? that really scares me to death, my brother is type 1 and has lost most of his, false teeth...wont mind if im ninety but not yet!!!

If you guys have any money problems right now, that can cause dreams about losing your teeth. Or it could just be your fear 😉

i think we all have money worries what with the credit crunch, dont we... got alot going on in my mind at moment what with diabetes and all the complications etc.. just seems like such a big hurdle to come to terms with at mo. anyone else feel the same?

Toothache

I had toothache not long after i was diagnosed and was in agony for 3 weeks, finally they found my tooth had fractured due to me grinding my teeth and clenching them in my sleep so had to have it removed but the not being able to eat food for 3 weeks was a nightmare, i had hypos constantly and the dentist didn't give a rats a**e which made me so mad
As for the credit crunch I am lucky as we run a business from home but more and more recently i have needed the other half home as feel so depressed and crappy and have got to the point where i just don't want to eat as food is disgusting so not doing too well

I had major tooth ache last week and ended up haveing the offending tooth removed. Never felt anything like it. I did find that it took me longer to recover since my diagnosis, but not sure if that was more of a psychological thing or not. My GP though is now worrying over time about the increased risk of infection. Thankfully, its all settling down again now, and the tooth ache is gone. Chin up, it will get better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back