are there any small insulin devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlarr

Hi,
I am prescribed a 3ml fiasp pen. Are there any devices I can use to carry just a few units with me? For example if I'm going out for a meal I need less than 15 units but need to take my pen with nearly two weeks worth of doses in my pocket. TIA

I guess you could get a syringe and vial but that is nowhere near as convenient as a pen and you would need to carry extra unless you are waylaid and out for longer.

Hi,
I am prescribed a 3ml fiasp pen. Are there any devices I can use to carry just a few units with me? For example if I'm going out for a meal I need less than 15 units but need to take my pen with nearly two weeks worth of doses in my pocket. TIA
Out of curiosity what's the problem with taking your pen with you as everyone else on MDI does?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I too wonder what the problem is with carrying your pen with you.... especially as you are also likely to be carrying your testing kit and hypo treatments. My insulin pens go pretty well everywhere with me along with all my other diabetes kit. It all stays together and then I know I have everything I might ever need. I have a little backpack hand bag and it goes walking, running, horse riding, mucking out etc and I have a clean one for social occasions that I take to the theatre or restaurants etc. I suppose it is a little more difficult for men but many get themselves a little man bag and there are special ones specifically marketed for diabetes.

I agree. It's a real pain carrying my Novo cartridge pens around as they are longer than most pockets. I look forward to Novo making smaller pens and cartridges but it won't happen.

There did use to be mini syringes in a mini syringe case by MyLife but they discontinued them. How do you carry meter, keys, wallet, hypo treatments, etc when out? Just carry your pen in whatever holds all them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back