Are ministers too focused on the NHS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The state of the NHS this winter has been high on the news agenda and the subject of sometimes ferocious exchanges between Government and opposition. At a time of extreme pressure on the service, weekly data from hospitals in England are closely scrutinised politicians and the media. I have learned that a high level ministerial committee has been meeting weekly to monitor activity in the NHS.

Gathering on a Monday morning at the Department of Health and chaired by Secretary of State Jeremy Hunt, the committee also includes Local Government and Communities Secretary Eric Pickles, Cabinet Office minister Oliver Letwin and Sir Jeremy Heywood, the top civil servant and Cabinet Secretary.

Simon Stevens, head of NHS England, leading health regulators and officials from the Department of Health are also present.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31355145

Freaking idiots. Sorry Northie and fellow forumites, I know you know that's not the word I want to use. There's a place for that word, it's here.

When oh when are all these people producing all these countless reams of information and paperwork (and killing even more forests to produce it) going to be ALLOWED to do their JOBS - looking after SICK PEOPLE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back