Are lancet needles universal

• Thread starter Thread starter Pat91
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pat91

Hello all, my lancet has broken this evening, just wondering can I buy any one or does it have to be a specific one for the lancet needles I have. Thank you

Most lancing devices are universal and take any lancets.

Weirdly I was going to sat that the different lancing devices I’ve had all seem to have their own slightly different shapes!

Maybe I am just assuming they aren’t interchangeable - I’m not sure I’ve tried swapping them around to be honest!

Weirdly I was going to sat that the different lancing devices I’ve had all seem to have their own slightly different shapes!

Maybe I am just assuming they aren’t interchangeable - I’m not sure I’ve tried swapping them around to be honest!
Thanks, I have ordered a replacement of Amazon, glucomen areo2k but I get a metre and a lancing device for £20, will pop to local pharmacy tomorrow to buy replacment in mean time. Thanks again.

Not all devices accept the same lancets but all devices will provide a drop of blood. You might be better off buying a new device. Personally I prefer the Accu-chek range (soft-clix, multi-clix, fast-clix).

Yes, I have had different shaped lancets and different colours but so far they have all fit the different lancing devices I have used, so they seem to be reasonably universal despite the different shapes.

@Type1Pat You shouldn't have to buy replacement gear.
The last box of lancets I got on prescription contained a lancing device and I have acquired various BG meters over the last 3 years all of which contained a lancing device, so whilst one died in that time, I have several others. In the mean time you can just jab your finger with a lancet... Not ideal but does the job and you appreciate the lancing device so much more once you go back to using one! 🙄

they come in two sizes 28g and 30g I believe, but usually any make can be compatible for each particular size of lancing device, if that helps. I know the lancets come in two sizes on Amazon.

The 28 and 30g sizes refer to the pointy bit, not the blunt end that fits into the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back