Aquadrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
At my GP review the very dry skin on my lower leg was commented on. It is starting to get some scaly areas. I was prescribed Aquadrate for this. I have never come across this before despite using moisturiser for nearly two decades. Has anybody used it. I am slightly concerned as a few tears ago I was prescribed one that actually made things worse and rather itchy! ☹️

At my GP review the very dry skin on my lower leg was commented on. It is starting to get some scaly areas. I was prescribed Aquadrate for this. I have never come across this before despite using moisturiser for nearly two decades. Has anybody used it. I am slightly concerned as a few tears ago I was prescribed one that actually made things worse and rather itchy! ☹️
It appears to contain urea and does list some side affects.
I was prescribed Hydromol which looks more innocuous.

Hydromol Intensive is their one with 10% Urea. (the Aquadrate is also 10%) ie the Hydromol in a tube rather than a tub so a smaller amount at a time.

I don't think it's possible to be allergic to urea (?) so I should think if it even was a Urea cream, it would have been a different ingredient in it you were allergic to.

Is it reasonable to suggest trying it on only one leg, first?

Oh botheration - what a silly old Hector I am. I'm so sorry Mike - I'd entirely forgotten about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back