1. Welcome to the Diabetes UK Forum
    Dismiss Notice

Appsss......

Discussion in 'Newbies say hello here!' started by Leo, Aug 15, 2019 at 8:54 PM.

1. Leo

Leo Member

Relationship to Diabetes:
    Type 1.5 LADA
    Hi everyone,
    Does anybody have any recommendations as far as diabetes apps go?
    I’m thinking more along the lines of being able to work out bolus dosing as per what I’m eating (instead of just using the amount prescribed and hoping for the best?!) and also working out Bolus doses to lower blood glucose when it is higher than I’d like?!
    I’m still not yet having to use (controlling with diet) but know it is only a matter of time and I don’t wanna mess it up!
    Thankyou in advance......
    L

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 9:05 PM
  2. Bronco Billy

Bronco Billy Moderator

Parent
    Leo likes this.
  3. Leo

Leo Member

Type 1.5 LADA
    Thankyou for your reply Billy!
    I have only briefly looked at ‘my sugr’ which is an app from the USA but have not downloaded yet.
    I just wondered whether there was a U.K. equivalent but I will certainly look at the links you have provided.
    Much appreciated... Thankyou
    L

4. Bruce Stephens

Bruce Stephens Well-Known Member

Type 1
    I found InRange Diabetes Management to work OK. I must admit I've not used it for a while (I find I tend to be OK with keeping approximate track of insulin on board and occasionally using a calculator for doses if my mental arithmetic isn't up to it). Link is http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/inrange-diabetes-management/

If you search (in the appropriate app store) for bolus calculator you can likely find better (more recently updated) ones.

5. Leo

Leo Member

Type 1.5 LADA
    Hi Bruce,
    Thankyou for your reply!
    I clicked the link which took me to the correct page but looking in android and apple it gives me an app about childhood bullying (?) and a golf tracking app which would have been great when I used to play golf at the age of 10... I’m now 48!!!! He he!
    L

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 10:16 PM
  6. Bruce Stephens

Bruce Stephens Well-Known Member

Type 1
    Really? Neither "link" seems to be actual links, but https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inrange worked OK for me. The iOS one says it's not available in the UK store.

Either way, you're probably better off trying a newer one. There seem to be lots more than when I was looking a couple of years ago.

7. Leo

Leo Member

Type 1.5 LADA
    Bruce, the link you provided worked absolutely fine. Maybe my App/Play Store search abilities need updating!
    L

8. Ljc

Ljc Well-Known Member

Type 2
    I don’t know if these will be of any help. Some glucose meters (mine does) are able work out your bolus doses including any any on board insulin and correction doses. Their is also an online course called BERTI that you might be interested interested in.
    https://www.bertieonline.org.uk/

I used to use an app, I have forgotten which one now, I did find it helpful initially , now I find my meter a freestyle Libre does all I need when my brain is on a go slow.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019 at 1:22 AM