Approval to Start a Phase IIa Clinical Study of HinsBet®, Fast-acting Human Insul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
• HinsBet's objective is to improve human insulin performance in a cost-effective way

• Phase IIa study will compare HinsBet to a fast-acting insulin analog and a regular human insulin in type 1 diabetic patients

• First Patient In planned for the first week of August

LYON, France I July 9, 2014 I Adocia (Euronext Paris: FR0011184241 - ADOC) announced today that BfArM (Bundesinstitut für Arzneimittel und Medizinprodukte), the German regulatory agency for drugs and medical devices, has approved the initiation of a Phase IIa clinical study of HinsBet®, a fast-acting formulation of human insulin. HinsBet is a new type of prandial insulin, developed using the Company's proprietary BioChaperone® technology, that has been designed to reconcile the performance of insulin analogs with the cost-effectiveness of human insulin.

The aim of this Phase IIa clinical trial is to demonstrate that HinsBet acts faster than Humulin® (human insulin, Eli Lilly) and as fast as Humalog® (insulin lispro, Eli Lilly), allowing patients who use human insulin to achieve a better glycemic control after a meal. In this double-blind, randomized, 3 arm, crossover study, the pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) characteristics of HinsBet will be compared to those of Humulin and Humalog. 36 patients with type 1 diabetes will receive single 0.2 U/kg doses of HinsBet, Humulin and Humalog under automated euglycemic clamp conditions. Adocia plans to dose the first patient during the first week of August. Results are expected in Q1 2015.

http://www.pipelinereview.com/index...-acting-Human-Insulin-in-Type-1-Diabetes.html

EEEK !

0.2u per kg? That's 11.2 units of fast acting ! = 112g carb worth for me - a whole day's worth !

When they do these clamp things, do they feed you intravenous glucose in the other arm?

EEEK !

0.2u per kg? That's 11.2 units of fast acting ! = 112g carb worth for me - a whole day's worth !

When they do these clamp things, do they feed you intravenous glucose in the other arm?

14 units for me - also a day's worth! 😱

EEEK !

All at once 😱 That would be 12 units for me so more than a whole days worth, they'd knock me off my perch, anything more than 6 at once and I'm on a downward spiral for hours. Hang on maybe I should volunteer and they could feed me medically prescribed cake to fix it...now that's an idea :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back