Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
.............. ............

Last edited:
Aw steffie thats sounds just terrible. Sorry I cannot give you any advice, but I will send you my love.

Di x

Last edited:
Sorry you are still suffering Steffie. I am not sure. Its a bit weird. Obviously some type of sensitivity if brushing against you hurts. Thats a long wait for the docs. If worried it is diabetes related, could you ask DN or NHS direct.

Last edited:
As a temp solution, I think you should ask advice from ur local pharmacy.

Definately see ur DN or consultant when u can.

Hi Steffie,

From what you've said in other threads, you've been running some high levels recently (sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick though).

When I went through a bad patch diet-wise a few weeks ago, I noticed that my feet were really tingly and painful too. The good news is, now that I'm back on the straight and narrow, my feet have definitely improved.

The cramps are probably a symptom of the same thing (before diagnosis I had some really bad nights with leg cramps). But again, now that my levels are better, cramping isn't so much of a problem either (well, it isn't a problem at all).

I hope you get it all sorted soon. Try not to worry in the meantime.

Andy 🙂

Hi Steffie,

I get this sometimes like stabbing on my toes and my thumbs my levels are within range does anyone know if it is a deficency in the diet mine only started after I cut certain things out of my diet after been DX.Hope you get treatment soon I would phone NHS for advice just to be on safe side.

Lanzlady

I've took the plunge and make an appointment about my feet there driving me crazy now, I thought the tight socks (see other thread) were just making them tingle that day but today the tingling is up the back of my calves and my feet are on fire pins and needles as well grrr, the dog just has to brush by me and i shriek,feels like constant cramp in the backs of my legs now and its just getting to sore to ignore.Thought I would try and be clever and book the appointment the same day i have hbA1c but cant be that lucky so appointment made for 6th Sept.

P.S does anyone kmnow if i can take painkillers for this??

Sorry you are still sufferubg steffie, I would try painkillers my self- or phone up NHS Direct and see if they can help. I have a Dr Miramin Stoppard medical book, I'll have a look and get back to you. Don't worry to much.Sheena

take the basic dose of painkillers paracetamol and ibuprofen ...bring it up when you see the dsn /gp next ..my gp suggested aspirin but id let your own gp decide on that x🙂

Last edited:
cricky steff ...are the pain killers not helping ?...phone NHS direct

Steffie - please call someone - worried about you. Just for peace of mind maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back