Appointment went ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steff

Little Miss Chatterbox
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had my appointment today at the GPs surgery good news is i have lost a further 9 lbs since June my hbA results will be ready in a week, bad news is my feet are showing significant signs of neuropathy so more to add to my list of worries but other then that GP is pleased with the good effects the byetta is having,she wants to put me on more anti-depressents but for now i've told her im happy as i am on the ones im on .She will review that in a further 3 months time

Glad the doctors appointment went so well. Sorry about the neuropathy, I hope something can be done to help.

I know quite a few people who are helped just by knowing the anti depressants are there if they are needed.

That's a darned fine weight loss that you've got there Steff. 🙂

Sorry about the feet though. :(

Try not to worry to much. I have issues with my feet too (partial loss of sensation and movement in the toes), but interestingly, they do seem to be improving a bit. I don't know whether that is just wishful thinking on my part though, but I'm not noticing the slight pins and needles when in bed any more.

Andy

That's a darned fine weight loss that you've got there Steff. 🙂

Sorry about the feet though. :(

Try not to worry to much. I have issues with my feet too (partial loss of sensation and movement in the toes), but interestingly, they do seem to be improving a bit. I don't know whether that is just wishful thinking on my part though, but I'm not noticing the slight pins and needles when in bed any more.

Andy

Thank you Caroline, Andy is it usual to be given nothing for the Neuropathy then?
Weight loss was a great bit of news and unexpected.

Andy is it usual to be given nothing for the Neuropathy then?

I don't think that my neuropathy is too bad. It's just something that I'm aware of, but it hasn't been affecting my ability to sleep or get about.

To be honest, I'm quite happy not taking anything for it unless it starts getting worse (which, if I'm I good chap, it shouldn't for a bit).

Andy 🙂

Brilliant weight loss Steffie - well done!! 🙂

Sorry to hear about the feet... did they say if it might clear up?

Hi Steffie,

Well done on the weight loss - that is great. Sorry about your feet, hopefully now they have picked up on it they will keep a close eye on them.

Hope your well in yourself.
Love Di x

Thank you Di and Twitchy with regards to it clearing up i was abit confused with her tbh , she said if the control of my blood sugar is kept steady and weight loss keeps happening then theres no reason for it to get any worse and it may go.So if i have been losing weight for the last 4 months and my levels are ok i dont understand how i got it in the first place lol x

Last edited:
Great news about the weight loss Steff and sorry about the tootsies. The way my London doctor explained it neuropathy builds up over time and may take time to wear off as well. I'm not sure what you can do to ease the pain and lessen the damage. Maybe some of the others do? Do you have a friendly foot massager nearby who would give you a regular rub?

Great news about the weight loss Steff and sorry about the tootsies. The way my London doctor explained it neuropathy builds up over time and may take time to wear off as well. I'm not sure what you can do to ease the pain and lessen the damage. Maybe some of the others do? Do you have a friendly foot massager nearby who would give you a regular rub?

Thank you Alison i'll have to look into foot massours, guess i'll have to lay off wearing the 12 inch heels now 🙄😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back