Apple IOS Update 15.0.2 - Unable to scan sensor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SianyBee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
HI all, i got my very first iPhone last week and today i accepted an update to IOS v15.0.2, i am now unable to scan my sensor!! I called Abbotts who told me there are some compatibility issues re the NFC and the dev team are working on a fix but she had no idea when this will be ready.

I have activated the app on my old phone which i still have luckily. I wondered if anyone else is having issues or if it is working ok on your iPhones? My friend has accepted the update and it is working fine on her phone for some reason, the info from the website is as below re the compatibility, it looks like all is good untiol IOS v15 (which came out last month). I have done all the usual stuff, switch it off and on again, reinstall the app etc but it still will not scan.

MOBILE DEVICE & OS COMPATIBILITY
Popular mobile devices and operating systems (OS) are regularly tested to evaluate NFC scan performance,
Bluetooth connectivity, and app compatibility with Sensors. We recommend checking this guide before installing
a new OS version on your phone or before using the app with a new phone.
Recommended app, device, and operating systems
APP / VERSION DEVICE OS
FreeStyle LibreLink
(version 2.5.3)
iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, XS, XS Max, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12,
12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 12 Mini, SE (2020)
iOS: 13.2, 13.3, 13.4, 13.5, 13.6, 13.7,
14.0, 14.1, 14.2, 14.2.1, 14.5.1, 14.6,
14.7.1, 14.8, 15.0

info above taken from - https://freestyleserver.com/Payloads/IFU/2021/q4/ART39109-001_rev-R-web.pdf

thanks
Sian

Hi @SianyBee

I have an iPhone 12 mini and updated to iOS 15.2 last week and it’s scanning ok. I put a new sensor (libre 2) on last night. I did have a period of about 90 min when it scan error try in 10 min but it did come to life and is accurate now.

Hope you get sorted.

Hi @SianyBee

I have an iPhone 12 mini and updated to iOS 15.2 last week and it’s scanning ok. I put a new sensor (libre 2) on last night. I did have a period of about 90 min when it scan error try in 10 min but it did come to life and is accurate now.

Hope you get sorted.
thank you, i think it must be working ok on the newer devices i.e. 11 and 12 models but mine is an XR so three years old. I will try it again in two weeks with my next sensor and see if it is resolved.

I've got an iPhone 12 Pro, and updated to iOS 15.2 (which I do like, it's great fun) and it worked seamlessly with the sensor. I can't think why there should be problem with the XR, Apple usually take care with coordinating compatibility with Apps, and slightly older phones.

You'll need to remove the Libre App and download it again before the next sensor is due.

Sorry you are having a bit of a runaround @SianyBee

I got alerts from various device manufacturers around the time iOS 15 came out because of thedifferent way alerts are handled.

Hope you get it fixed soon.

The alerts are handled differently with iOS 15. If you go into Settings, then Notifications, you can see every App on your phone. Click on an App, and you can see choices about notifications, allowing all notifications, time dependant notifications (such as Libre), and change settings as you will. It’s much easier than previous iOS versions, and dead easy to check.

My watch carries all the alerts from my phone, so with the Blackburn Rovers App I get alerts when the score changes. That’s daft if I’m at the game, so I switch off the alerts when I’m at the game, and on again if they are playing away.

The alerts are handled differently with iOS 15. If you go into Settings, then Notifications, you can see every App on your phone. Click on an App, and you can see choices about notifications, allowing all notifications, time dependant notifications (such as Libre), and change settings as you will. It’s much easier than previous iOS versions, and dead easy to check.

My watch carries all the alerts from my phone, so with the Blackburn Rovers App I get alerts when the score changes. That’s daft if I’m at the game, so I switch off the alerts when I’m at the game, and on again if they are playing away.
thanks, i tried all of this. it just will not scan the sensor at all. Abbotts have told me there are compatibility issues with the NFC on some devices that have upgraded to 15.0.2 and they are working on it. It is very frustrating having to carry two phones around! but I guess it could be worse, just hope they work on a fix soon!

I had issues with my first libre and not getting any alarms, turned out to be a faulty sensor not connecting to the Bluetooth, phoned Abbott and they sent a new sensor (free of charge) did take around 4days or so for delivery. Maybe worth a try calling them again and getting a new sensor sent out? New sensor connected to my iPhone with the update no bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back