Apple drink mistake by staff

gail2

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Staff gave me a glass of what I thought was sugar free apple squash, drank the lot it was good but sweet. Later found out that it was pure apple juice. My BG have shot upto 13.4 (normally 4-8 range). Not a happy bunny at all.

They really should have known better to be honest @gail2....how could they have not recognized that it wasn't sugar free apple squash?..it was an amateur mistake.

I accept these mistakes can happen. They are not ideal but unless you make sure you read every label in detail and pour it yourself, life contains carbs.
It is annoying but as long as it is only a one off, it is not going to have huge impact in the longer term.
If you are suspicious in the future, I have heard of people using test strips to test their drink.
That said, I find artificial sweeteners taste sweeter than natural sweeteners so it is hard to tell.

Staff gave me a glass of what I thought was sugar free apple squash, drank the lot it was good but sweet. Later found out that it was pure apple juice. My BG have shot upto 13.4 (normally 4-8 range). Not a happy bunny at all.

Sorry to hear that @gail2

Yes sadly these mix-ups do happen. :(

No long-term harm done though

They really should have known better to be honest @gail2....how could they have not recognized that it wasn't sugar free apple squash?..it was an amateur mistake.
in all fairness if it said no added sugar, then the mistake is easily enough made by non diabetics.

Back